mid tank flood issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

any of you fine poeple that have a mid tank mod having flooding issues? i think mine is after it sits. i know the tank is a little above the carb, but my fuel filter and line is up nice and high. thoughts?

Quack

any of you fine poeple that have a mid tank mod having flooding issues? i think mine is after it sits. i know the tank is a little above the carb, but my fuel filter and line is up nice and high. thoughts?

Quack

don't know if i have deja-vu but swear i replied to a post like this already this morning.

my mid-tank gravity feeds so well that it loads the mill when i stop it from running. i just evacuate the cylinder or crack the glow plug before the next start.

bankrupter actually lost his pressure line at a bash one-day & the killer gravity feed kept his mill running without leaning it out.

small price to pay to keep consistent fuel flow & tune, imo

well when it runs it runs.... but after sitting for awhile she is full of fuel. so cracking the GP helps huh.... sweet. ill try that one.

most likely running too rich

Nope. this is a different situation. with the mill not running, the fuel continues to gravity-feed into the mill & jams the piston..

just be aware of it & don't just yank the pull (caz you'll be tempted to) but you'll most likely snap the cord.

As soon as your done running pull the fuel line off and let the fuel go back to the tank. As long as the line is empty there should be no gravity feed.

As soon as your done running pull the fuel line off and let the fuel go back to the tank. As long as the line is empty there should be no gravity feed.

+1 on this! Also don't carry it from its front bumper! I just pick it up from the rear when I'm done and this does not happen.

+1 on this! Also don't carry it from its front bumper! I just pick it up from the rear when I'm done and this does not happen.

+2 to that, figured that out after 1 broken pull start rebuilt 10 times in 1 day, yup!

Latest posts

Members online

Back