mgt 8.0 or gst 7.7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnaught

Diesel Powered!
i know this isnt really a great place to post something like this, but ive got nothing but good advice from y'all before so here goes.
I'm lookin to get a second truck. i have a savage k4.6 and its a sweet truck, but id like to have a second one for a buddy to run.
my debate is between a mgt 8.0 or a gst 7.7, i cant seem to find a whole lot of information on the subject. the gst has been out for a bit longer than the mgt, s maybe it has less problems? anyways, any advice is welcome! even if its for a different truck. gimme some advice.

You are probably going to get mostly the same answer here as we are all fans of the Savage. So since you said other trucks, I would get a nother savage which will be nice because parts are all interchangeable.

If I had to chouse from the 2 you listed I would probably go with the GST thought but the new MGT would be something sweet to try.

Is the Losi LST2 or after shock an option. If you want to try a different truck the LST2 is good and the aftershock is a cheaper cut down model.

anything but another savage, I'm looking to expand what i have access to. my buddy has a warhead evo, which he has made all aluminium, and an e-maxx. we regularly swap trucks and borrow things. so anything is an option

I'm not sure about the MGT 8.0, but I wouldn't get the GST 7.7. My buddy has one and has had nothing but problems with the center trans. He has went through I think 3-4 reverse shift levers (the one the servo hooks up to and yes the travel was set right) and now there is something else stripped inside along with another broken lever. So, I'd say get another savage or the LST2.

Don't tell anyone, I kinda favor either a LST2 or the new Raminator as my next truck. After the savy is back up to par of course. From what I understand, the Raminator is more of an Aftershock, but that is only second hand knowledge. I just like the way it looks! Not to mention it comes with a Spektrum DSM radio.

Raminator

I love the Losi Products as they are very well made and have minimul problems. I own a Mini LST and plan on buying a 8ight-T come spring for racing. I also love the LST2.

If you are looking to crossover to another monster truck. I would say losi lst2 all the way. Its one bad mofo out of the box. doesn't need any upgrades out of the box to compete except tires. As far as bashing, nothing is as tough as a savage.

ive been looking into the lst2, and it seems like a fairly easy truck to work on. I'm more leaning towards that than another savage.

well if it did come down to the gst7.7 or the mgt8.0 i would go with the mgt!!!!i have seen (and helped fix)a gst and i am not at all impressed with the performance or durability of it.....but the "new mgt 8.0" well its been around for quite some time now as the thunder tiger mta4 (sold mostly in europe) and relabeled as the associated mgt 4.60 for north america.the "new 8.0" is that truck with beefed up tranny and driveline,and a thunder tiger .50 heli engine with a bigger head and a different carb.the old mgt4.60 is a good truck so i would immagine the 8.0 would be a good truck as well

to no limit, i had a t-maxx, and and i really didnt care for it. i had a 2.5r chassis with a 3.3 motor in it, and every 5 minutes of running it required a new spur gear. the other big problem i had was the bell gear, i couldnt keep that together either. i had correct gear mesh, and even the local hobby shop couldnt get it to stay together.
and to MtBikerTime, i haven't considered a truggy, but i am usually bashing in the woods, so would a truggy have the clearance for it?

Get A Savage On Short Money And Drop A New Motor In It.
What Motor?? Thats Another Thread

i already have a savage.i am looking to buy another truck, but a different one. i am looking for a os30 for my savage. or something of the like.

Whatever truck you pick make sure they are well supported by the aftermarket. I know for a while the GST wasn't. If you are serious about a GST my local hobby shop has one brand new that I could give you his number because he wants to get rid of it...

Latest posts

Members online

Back