metal spur mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewie

is there a different methood to mesh metal gears vs plastic. I got Robinson Racing set and it seems the more you push the gears together so they make good contact then it grinds and doesn't roll. The more gap I put into it the quiter and smoother it rolls. How do you properly mesh these bad boys, and yes I did the paper trick but never made any differance.

Same idea, a little bit of gap and I mean very little as having it roll smooth and quiet is what you want.

ya is about the same way to do it metal vs plastic, make sure the engine is square with the spur and set with just a tick of play....I always have trouble with my MMT caz is 2 pinions and makin em right is sometimes a pain.... when right mine will spin backwards without a whisper , thats how i know it is right on my rig....

When I set my metal spur and racing clutch bells I always left just a bit of play. Not much but just a little and never had any issues with it for almost 3 years of hard running with my savage.

the trick here is take a small piece paper not too thin or thick stick it into the the spur and bell and rotate it through check to see how the mesh is if its too tight you can tell especially if its roughed up and too loose you wont see the teeth meshing.I have always done this from day one an never once had a meshing issue especially with my bells shimmed out correctly with he ofna shim kit.

the trick here is take a small piece paper not too thin or thick stick it into the the spur and bell and rotate it through check to see how the mesh is if its too tight you can tell especially if its roughed up and too loose you wont see the teeth meshing.I have always done this from day one an never once had a meshing issue especially with my bells shimmed out correctly with he ofna shim kit.

The paper trick never really worked for me. I go by feel and after doing it for a while you know what's loose, tight or perfect. Good way to learn is just trying to get th smoothest Rollin chassis possible.

The paper trick never really worked for me. I go by feel and after doing it for a while you know what's loose, tight or perfect. Good way to learn is just trying to get th smoothest Rollin chassis possible.

I'm in the same boat. Especially with metal gears it's really easy to just use you senses. After a few times, it's very easy to hear when you have proper mesh. And checking to make sure you have no binding in your drive-train is just good common sense.

I have a 47t spur (plastic) and17t cb ,I can't get the mesh correctly..is that combo good?

I have run 17/47 18/47 and 19/47 all meshed fine in an X. What brand and type are you using?

16-17/47 is stock gearing for .28's if I had a 25 or les id look to less gearing

EDIT: I don't know why I thought that was me quoted ... nvm post

I'm using hpi spur and the cb idk what brand and its on a werks racing clutch..i guess i need to change the clutch bell.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back