• Dual Metal

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Dual Fiberglass

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Other (If So Post a link to it)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex_hvn

luv RC but my wallet don't
hey guys

i have been having heaps of trouble with brakes. I have the double metal brakes and i went out bashing and da motor sideways after a big a$$ jump.

Ever since i put it back together the brakes were hitting on the CB and locking up so i took the disk off and the whole disk was in a cup shape so i have been looking around for something else especially the fiberglass brakes and i was wondering wot do u guys think of the the fiberglass beakes compared to the metal

thanx heaps so confused

I have had better luck with the single disk and all metal pads. The dual disk metal with the fibre on the pads stink. They work great for a minute then the fibre pad part wears out and they don't work for nuttin. just my opinion. hope it helps.

Metal discs suck .. never ran the new fiberglass discs brake ,, But I would pick anything but the metal ones. I run the single stock discs still works that about it

I just put the Savage X SS red fiber disc conversion and it is awesome. It works better than the crazy nut brake setup I use to run. Found it on ebay for $16 with the hubs for driveshaft.

I run the all steel dual brakes, like others have stated they are garbage, mine worked for the first 5 minutes. I've been without brakes since then. I am definitely going to try the fiber set. Peace.

Check your cb brass bushing onthe front. When they wear it allows the cb to shift foreward and drag on the 1st brake disk.

Good call! :resp: Make sure it don't Eat the new brakes too. I have a carbon fibre disk on one of my trucks and it seems to work well and last awhile. But then again I don't use brakes much either. LoL

The Savage X 4.6 has the red carbon fiber dual disk brakes.....works good for me.

I ran the metal dual disk brakes on the 25 for about 15mins one day.......and ended up getting deformed...so now they are sitting in my box

re

I have tried just about every style of brakes they make.The ones that work the best for me are the stock 4.6 rtr ones(red composit)

Gee, I may have to get a set of these, as I have been contomplating them for a while. You guys are talking them up quite well. I am running the dual metal disks and they seem to work decent for me but they arn't perfict.

I used to run the dual stainles but I kept spitting the pads out got the red no more problems

yea i have now got a set of dual composite disk brakes coz i waz driving wit 2 metal disks standard on the XSS and now have the 4.6 RTR brakes
thanx for ur input but if you have any more ideas pls post them

I have about 4 gallons on mine no real sign of wear and haven't noticed alot of fade in wet grass or puddles on road. I love them.

I recomend the red ones, get a center skid to protect them. A rock will ruin them fast. I f I could just keep from tearing them up I would be alot happier. Always seem to take out the rear one.

wot center skid pl8 do u use coz i wil get one ar da same time

i would go with the rpm skid plate bud, its light and just as strong if not stronger then the alum ones and are guaranteed for life not to break and the way you install them braces the chassis plates to help prevent flexing! the alum ones look awsome but don't stay looking that way long and add alot of weight!! i use the rpm center skid so just thought i would share my views on it! sorry to bud in though!!!!

I have Integy plates on my trucks, they're not to heavy and work well at protecting the brakes, But as The "Crazy Cunuck", lol, stated RPM skids hold up better than aluminum and have a replacement warranty. Rpm makes some awesome stuff and stand behind them. If I had it to do over (which I can) Rpm is the way I'd go as well.

hey just wondering would ne one have a RPM centre skid pl8 2 fit a XSS that they would b willing 2 sell
thanx

just another thing i waz putting da br8kes on last night and i put da disks on da nut 4 da metal brakes and it wont fit so i looked around and i had one 4 da single fibreglass brake and da seccond wont fit so if u want 2 change u will have 2 get da new nut

i have the dual metal ones and they work for 10mins and then i have to adjust them, i am looking to replace that setup

just another thing i waz putting da br8kes on last night and i put da disks on da nut 4 da metal brakes and it wont fit so i looked around and i had one 4 da single fibreglass brake and da seccond wont fit so if u want 2 change u will have 2 get da new nut

Didn't you get a nut with the kit? The KIT HERE comes with one.

Hey guys, got the new x4.6 with the dual fibre setup at the end of May. The

day I opened up the box, I switched the motor out for my axial 32. After

getting it broke in, I did some bashing and practicing at the track. The rear

disc jammed up on the driveshaft and caused the spur to strip. I then

bought the dual steel setup and have been running it close to 6 months now

with not a problem. Not saying that the dual fibre are not a good setup, just

never had them long enough to know. I do know steel is the only setup for

me. Speaking on the subject, I might want to check my brakes. It has been

close to 6 months.

I have had nothing but problems lately with the dual stainless set up. After installing an OS .30 the CB is forward just enough that it keep getting jammed on the brakes. Thus causing the CB screw to fall out and allowing the bearings and spacer to fall out and then letting the CB to get jammed into the spur gear. I ground the brake discs down by 1/16 of an inch and it still jams the CB. 2 steel spur gears and 2 racing cbs later, I am gonna switch to another type of brake set up or another motor mount. Maybe then I could give a better opinion on the function of the brakes themselves.

Latest posts

Members online

Back