melting slipper clutch pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckshot

hi i am new here. i have a savage 21 with a pico .26 motor. i have not used the rc at all for almost 3 years now but am trying to get back into the hobby.
sadly i left myself a couple of problems.
i am mealting slipper pads. the plastic spur gear itself is fine. the teeth and in great shape. but after maybe a tank or 2 the truck slows down then comes to a stop and won't move. the nylon spurr gear spins and it stops there. the leather like disk gets melted to the plastic gear. i have tryed all sort of settings from real tight to loose.
since installing this motor i twisted and dog dones, blew out both diff sets and cracked a motor plate to list a few. alittle advice could go a long way for me. thanks in advance for any comments.

From the looks of things you have a few problems. First and foremost replace ANY broken parts that make trouble shooting easier. Tighten you slipper pad down all the way THEN BACK OFF 1/4 OF A TURN. Once you replace the broken parts you shouldn't have any problems as long as everything is set right. I wish I could be more of a help but once we get some more info and you try a couple things I'll help you from there.

I have fixed all the broken parts. the truck seems to roll free. rather then just replacing then pad and spurr gear i am going to replace it all. the steel pad is also scored and maybe its time for a new spring. after this ice storm i will get the hobby shop. i will post if all new parts and any other things i find. thank you for your help its been 3 years and i do forget some of the adjustments and setting to keep things right. thank you for your help i will post back again soon.

I have fixed all the broken parts. the truck seems to roll free. rather then just replacing then pad and spurr gear i am going to replace it all. the steel pad is also scored and maybe its time for a new spring. after this ice storm i will get the hobby shop. i will post if all new parts and any other things i find. thank you for your help its been 3 years and i do forget some of the adjustments and setting to keep things right. thank you for your help i will post back again soon.

Alright, good luck. Any more problems......you know where to go.

i had the same problems with the truck i got in a trade from someone, kept melting pads, make sure that you not only replace the spring but that the washer with the inside hex is between the spring and brass washer inside the spur gear, took me 3 spur gears to notice that little problem

I just got the chance to run the truck today after replacing all the slipper pad parts. the truck worked great! i ran about 2 tanks of fuel without any problems. I wish i would have thought to replace all those parts a bit sooner.
Thank you for the help.

I just got the chance to run the truck today after replacing all the slipper pad parts. the truck worked great! i ran about 2 tanks of fuel without any problems. I wish i would have thought to replace all those parts a bit sooner.
Thank you for the help.

Not a problem, glad your truck is running good.

Latest posts

Members online

Back