Melted Spur..how does this happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hankinator

OK...just running around the yard burnin gas to break in my engine....then it sounded funny and had alot of white smoke...before I could even stop... the spur completely separated from the shaft.

Here it is...
meltedspur.JPG

Not sure how this happens when not really bashing just cruizing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hankinator

DOEUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Roasted It, Dude!!!

I don't have the X setup so I cant really say on this one. I will say this....
We have an extreme amount of heat, generated at the hub. Probable cause: Loose slipper.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY COW!!!! dude lol thats incredible!...yeah not sure on the X set up but man if it were loose you wernt going any where. or it was just a little loose and worked its way looser till, that but I never seen that before

WOW good one bro

He should get points for that just cuz

I did that to my spur gear a week ago, it worked it self lose and then stopped turning the transmission at all. Luckily I stopped before it did much damage. Time to upgrade to a Robinson Racing combo!!

Holly cow thats the worst I have seen ... Your slipper clutch was too loose

When I say too loose I meen TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX49809823820984 = LOOSE

was it even moving the truck bro ?

It was moving the truck.....for awhile. LOL.. Heres my story..got the truck used and ran it with an OFNA Force 21 for about a week...then put in the STS D30M and started breakin....OBV the slipper was to loose for the STS but with the force it never slipped....I never checked it..my bad. Melted spur and lesson learned.

Someone mentioned it was an X slipper. I am not sure. My truck is a frankenstien of sorts and I believe it started life as an SS25.

It has no plate or washer on the outside..just the spring and nut.
I guess I need to know because I have to replace my spur..hehe.

Thanks,

Hankinator

wow i've seen melted spurs before but that one is the worst i've seen atleast u do things right i guess lol

well i have the stock savage x spur gear setup and it does have the plate on the outside so i would assume u have the sav 25 setup not the x setup but i might be wrong!

Meh I've done that, the savage x slipper is junk. Get a savage 25 one.

the x comes with the 25 setup but its a option part so its not installed, guess i will put that on before i have problems as i think its starting to slip anyway! thanks for the heads up on the sav x slipper fx!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back