Megabyteme's Buku review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the great info really helps me get the most out of my buku

Hey sj, glad to hear you step up to the BUKU. Have you had a chance to do any tuning on the pipe. I am really anxious to hear how you like the pipe and how you like the performance.

Update on BUKU/LRP. I ran the savage yesterday. Messed with springs and

convergent cones on the BUKU. Had the weakest spring and small

convergent cone in. Fired it up, run it around till it got to temp. Found out

the weak spring wasnt the one for me. It was straight up wheely freak.

which is cool as mess. It would swell the tires on impact. But seeing I have

a race sat, I needed to get the nose on the ground. Didn't have much time

to mess with and knew it was pulling so hard out of the hole that it was

going to take the heaviest spring and largest convergent cone to get it to

the ground. Well changed it out and sure enough, I got what I asked for.

The thing is, after doing some final adjustment on the end of the pipe, its

exactly how I want it. The thing I can't figure out is after getting the

LRP/BUKU tuned perfectly, how does it come out of the hole so freakin strong

and only pull the wheels a couple inches at the most. The only thing I can

figure is the setup with the weak spring is just putting so much torque out

off the hole that there is alot of room to take some out and still have a

missile.

Hey lifter, On the two settings you had was there any rings in there? Cheers!!:beer:

Man this pipe is such a must have. Its like on my priority list as a "pronto must buy". Thanks for the informative review.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best way to purchase this pipe? From their website? Or thru this site?

a friend and i purchased one of these this weekend at the finals. i haven't put my on....but he did. he has an LRP in a MT.........and i had to tune i for him. man.....he truck was STUPID!!!! everyone knows the older MGT's don't wheelie....but that's a lie! it ran so good the way it came out of the box that we are too scared to truck to tune it any other way!! i will let you guys know how it works on a stock k4.6 when i get mine on.

a friend and i purchased one of these this weekend at the finals. i haven't put my on....but he did. he has an LRP in a MT.........and i had to tune i for him. man.....he truck was STUPID!!!! everyone knows the older MGT's don't wheelie....but that's a lie! it ran so good the way it came out of the box that we are too scared to truck to tune it any other way!! i will let you guys know how it works on a stock k4.6 when i get mine on.

I keep a small booklet with me for all my tunes, don't be scard to try diffrent tunes and try out the fine tune it could send your truck in flight lol Cheers!:beer:

Thanks guys, I only asked because I've seen on other threads to buy thru our mods. But I don't see that as an option with the Buku pipes. So I'll order one thru the site.

Thanks!!

Thanks guys, I only asked because I've seen on other threads to buy thru our mods. But I don't see that as an option with the Buku pipes. So I'll order one thru the site.

Thanks!!

thats a great ?

Hopalong, Mega does BUKU offer our members a discount?

I don't want a discount. I am inquiring about whether the site gets a kickback or anything along those lines. Just another way to support the site without donating.
I don't really have a problem with paying the asking price. From what I understand from reading some of the threads, this pipe is worth every last penny!

I don't want a discount. I am inquiring about whether the site gets a kickback or anything along those lines. Just another way to support the site without donating.
I don't really have a problem with paying the asking price. From what I understand from reading some of the threads, this pipe is worth every last penny!

We don't get direct "kickbacks" from many of these mfr's, HOWEVER.... many of them will give free products for review items, giveaways, and the like. So we still benefit greatly from them!

Please mention you are a member when ordering, and let them know this site is how you learned about their product!

|

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back