Ma1n5t........tie Rod Elimin8r Modifikzn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5AVAG3

There's nothing worst than, when your savage is running beautifully, but every bad rear end landing, you have to stop, because the tie rod eyelets are so stretched open, that they keep coming off.

I am running INTEGY alloy rear hubs on the INSAN80 savage at the moment and it has held up well for me, the cons of the INTEGY set up though are the COST plus the TOE degrees are not adjustable.

When I built the XL, I only had 2 spare tie rods from the INSAN80-X when I removed them from the rear to install the INTEGYs.
You all know the pain in having to wait for parts.....so this is what I have come up with.

illimin8.jpg

You need, 4 x dubro collars set, I used the brass collars from the reverse module, drilled out to fit the 2mm wide music wire, cut into approximately 2 x 12mm lengths.

step1z.jpg

Bend a small radius at the center.

step2o.jpg

Mark your bend positions.

step3z.jpg

Bend downwards at 90 degrees (I used pliers and vice grips)

step4l.jpg

Replace the axles at an angle. (can be a little tricky)

step5p.jpg

Replace the screws.

step6u.jpg

Replace grubs screws, after adjusting the toe angle. (You can also use C clips with filed grooves at each end to secure the collars)

step8.jpg

Before BASH/BEATING.

finishedelimin8.jpg

After multiple BASHING sessions.......STILL intact and holding up, so I thought it's time I'd share it with my savage brothers.
Thanks for looking. :wink: :)

Welcome to the forum...that setup for sure looked good on paper and costed Integy nothing to bag up. That design will fail you.:happy::happy:

Welcome to the forum...that setup for sure looked good on paper and costed Integy nothing to bag up. That design will fail you.:happy::happy:

You reckon?....lol, the system is proven man, I'll show you a video.

Members online

Back