LST shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgesBlazah

I was looking around and I cant seem to find anything on how they mount up. Do they bolt right in? I'm a n00b

lol! no worries bud. lst shocks use mountings, for example-innovative shocks and mounts on my beasty..
DSC00102.JPG

here there are mounting plates that secure onto the lower a arms, and here's the top mounting...
DSC00096.JPG

mounts onto the stock shock mount. hth!

i think they are about the same hop. i am awaitin a new shaft from rob, but as soon as i get it re-built and filled with 45wt, i'll weigh it and compare to a std pair.

Ok cool those are Innovative mounts and their version of the LST type shock? or am I missing it? Also if you don't mind me askin what did it cost ya?

Ok cool thanks. I will need those shock supports too right? I'm sure it deosnt make a diffrence but, I have a Savage 25. It will still work correct?

@ hop, well i've got the scales out again, an irc shock with 45wt oil weighs 108g, or 3.80 oz, minus any fittings. a standard hpi plastic one is 34g, or 1.20 oz, so simple maths says two weigh 68g, or 2.40 oz. the hpi's did have the plastic standoffs as well.
all in for a set of 4 irc, vs 8 hpi standards is 432g (15.2oz) Vs 272g (9.6oz), so they weigh 160g or 5.6oz. the only thing on top of that is the irc (and any lst style shock) needs standoffs and mounts etc. hth!

@ hop, well i've got the scales out again, an irc shock with 45wt oil weighs 108g, or 3.80 oz, minus any fittings. a standard hpi plastic one is 34g, or 1.20 oz, so simple maths says two weigh 68g, or 2.40 oz. the hpi's did have the plastic standoffs as well.
all in for a set of 4 irc, vs 8 hpi standards is 432g (15.2oz) Vs 272g (9.6oz), so they weigh 160g or 5.6oz. the only thing on top of that is the irc (and any lst style shock) needs standoffs and mounts etc. hth!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Weight comparisons of 4 IRC shocks vs 8 HPI shocks. Great info to have. My deal with this rebuild is trying to keep the weight off for the track. Are more folks bashing with these ( IRC/ LST ) shocks vs racing with them?

i just got back in from fixing my servo horn (damn thing stripped on me, ally upgrade needed methinks) is i broke one, i was running st's on the front and the irc's on the rear. now i know the sav was un-balenced, but the rear just seemed to have so much more composure, and the 45wt (rob recommends 30-40wt) did not seem to effect the small bump performance. (i used to play a lot with mountain bike forks and shocks...need to get back into raciing...only thing is :40gulp:) lol! i think they would be graet for the track, but they are good for bashing as well. imo.

My guess is that people are bashing with them. I must admit that the LST shocks are huge! And look cool. Plus the benefit of being different and having fun modifying your truck. I will keep the stock shocks though. They have never let me down.

Latest posts

Members online

Back