LST shock Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grktheo

eyy guys just wondering if you need to buy the longer chassis to instal the LST shocks as my dad keeps breaking the stock shocks on his savage X.
is it best to go for the LST my savage's keep breaking??
cheers theo

No you don't need to have the longer chassis to install the LST shocks, but you do need the LST shock mounting kit ( I have heard only but good of the innovative rc kit) and Savage 25 a-arms.

Personally I like my stock shocks, you may need to adjust the shock oil to a little heavier weight. Also before you go ahead and get the LST shocks. I would wait till the reviews are in for the HPI Big Bore shocks. I am not sure but it may also not be to late to get in on the Group Buy deal of the Big Bore shocks. They are going for $75 if you get in on the deal. I would contact doesgo to get more info about the deal if you are interested.

No you don't need to have the longer chassis to install the LST shocks, but you do need the LST shock mounting kit ( I have heard only but good of the innovative rc kit) and Savage 25 a-arms.

Personally I like my stock shocks, you may need to adjust the shock oil to a little heavier weight. Also before you go ahead and get the LST shocks. I would wait till the reviews are in for the HPI Big Bore shocks. I am not sure but it may also not be to late to get in on the Group Buy deal of the Big Bore shocks. They are going for $75 if you get in on the deal. I would contact doesgo to get more info about the deal if you are interested.

I personally prefer the longer chassis for the LST shocks. What shanty said is probably the best advice anyone could give. The longer chassis allows the rear LST shocks to be mounted in front of the rear shock tower which works a lot better then mounting behind the tower. If the the big bores take the punishment they will be ideal for the shorter chassis. Also the simplicity of the big bores (no adaptor plates to bend, fewer screws to come loose) will help reliability wise.

or the other choice would be to run CEN shocks...they have a shorter stroke, so you'll either lose ride height or have to make a bracket to raise it back up, or use buggy type shock towers...the CEN shocks are probably almost as beefy as the LST's at about 1/4 the price...

i love my lst shocks. i probably have almost a half of a gallon on them, and haven't bent anything yet. i have the relocation bracket for the rear tie rods, and its held up so far. ive launched it off some snow jumps and it seems to land easier and it handles better.

I to love my LST's they are on my basher truck. I have atleast a gallon on them but have bent a few of the softer shafts but have now switched to the TiNi shafts and they are the key. No problems with them. As you can see I got quite a bit of money into them with the TiNi shafts and the hard anodized bodys but I love them. I run 45 weight Losi Silicon oil in them. Heres a pict.
2ndgearin3speedproblem004.jpg

This truck will soon be built of PlatinumRCProducts carbon fiber as well. Hehe Along with a OFNA Mid-tank.

Ya itw pretty worn it also has a rubber 18th scale street tire on it. But its cracked now so I'm probably going to take it off I added it when I was running short chassis but now that I switch to extended on everything it's not needed as much.

The LSTs are about $50 off ebay how much are the cens?

as with everything on eBay, it depends on the timing of the auctions...I've picked up 8 of the CENs for less than $30 shipped...someone else (can't remember who) on here got 8 for less than $20...

thanx guy for the info
thats a mad savage u got there =)
ye wat type of chassis u got because i live in AUS and i can get a trugzilla kit for (sports) for $150
wat are the parts for ur mid tank option cant seem to find a list of them
cheers theo

o what the heck... is that euros? something foreign like yen? i dunno how many yens make a dollar

They are $39.97 USD. If you go to the innovative site they have a drop down box on the right hand side about half way down the page that you can select the currency then the price at the top of the screen is in the currency you desire.

Latest posts

Members online

Back