LST Shock Mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKLNHYDE

I just scored a set of LST shocks on :ebay: for my XL for a cool $25 for all four...Wondering a couple things: What is the recommended shock oil weight/ spring color combo for these for most light to medium bashing? Also, I have read a few threads on how to mount them and as I understand it, they will mount on the front of the suspension arms both front and rear? Is there some kind of spacer I need for the top mounting as I'm sure they are fatter than the stock shocks. Thanks...

:punkrock:

Alot of members are probably gonna bash you for gettin the lst shocks instead of BB. I went with the LSTs to try them out and if I don't like them then I'll get the BB. But, to partially answer your question, here's a link to LST mount kit that is top notch.

http://www.innovative-rc.com/shock-....html?osCsid=e33a597d3caf184cc497d0e1a317a252

You can also get it in black anodizing.

As far as shock oil wgt and springs, I dumped and refilled mine (along with the shock mod to the inside) with 35wt oil from team associated. I'm trying out the black springs because they are a step up fom the silver which came with my LST XXL shocks. I'll let you know tom. what size and type of tubing I used on the inside along with the length. As my truck sits on the ground, the arms are level.

I used the 11lb spring from Losi (yellow) the sliver and black are around 5 lb ( 4 and 5 if I remember right). Been a long time since I put them up and went with a truggy shock. I used oils from 30 to 60 then drilled out the pistons and was never happy with the results.

I wish I could help more this is a mod I don't recommend but looks cool... Just no performance gain. I found it to be a loss over stock shocks.

Hope you have better results.

Bank

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply and the link...I actually just dug deep enough to find that kit about 5 minutes ago! LOL..For me, the LST shocks will do just fine..I'm not looking to go sailing 20 feet in the air. I like the looks of the big single too! 35wt oil seems to be the norm from what I'm finding too...Thanks for any input you can provide after you've got yours set up. It will be a little bit before I can get this mod complete so I have some time yet.

I was not a basher when I used them. I was into track racing at that point. High flying the toy came about a year later ... If you or anyone ever needs spare parts for them PM me I have 3 sets over here in a box. This is not a give away so no pms looking to get freebies... but if you break them and post up pics of the carnage Ill help you out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig the losi's for bashing. And of course they do look the part. Still trying to find the right oil weight for the rcraven springs tho.

For me the innovative rc kit took a lil editing for fitment onto the shock towers, but what aftermarket part doesn't. Still recommend it

I dig the losi's for bashing. And of course they do look the part. Still trying to find the right oil weight for the rcraven springs tho.

For me the innovative rc kit took a lil editing for fitment onto the shock towers, but what aftermarket part doesn't. Still recommend it

thats what I was thinking ... Link him to the ravens !

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll be looking at getting these later today and then also the Innovative-rc kit to add them to my XL...

Yessir!

I didn't have to modify anything with my IRC LST mount kit. Everything went on as the directions described. The only thing I had to do was get a couple longer screws cuz I had thier mid-tank kit with the batt. box mount up front and a CF wing plate in the rear. The other thing I had to do was flip the rear support bracket upside down to clear the wing mount cuz I didn't like how low the wing sat with the bracket installed the correct way to clear the wing mount. Other than those 2 little things, I didn't have to file, grind, sand, or cut any of the parts for the kit.

http://www.rcraveninc.com/product/LSTDRBK/Losi-LST-Black-Zinc-Plated-Dual-Rate-Shock-Springs.html

I'm at ae50wt oil with the ravens and stock aftershock pistons (plastic threaded bodies). They feel almost right, I prefer more pack for my driving style. Now thinking of the sway bars.

Thanks for that link Meat. I may have to get those and try them out one day.

frddyj those will only work if you are using the FLM towers.

The XXL plastic body shocks had some pretty brittle shafts I thought. I broke at least 3-4 of them in just a few outings with my truck.

The stock oil and blue raven springs worked ok for me. Everyone likes something different so you may have to experiment a little there.

I just received the shocks in the mail and WOW are they big! LOL...At first glance they looked too big but I'm going to give them a try...

Latest posts

Members online

Back