LRPZ.28R install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoraduntov

I went to install my LRP Z. 28R andidnt know that you needed additional parts to complete the instalation .
Could someone help me out with part numbers of the rotostart backplate and engine mount . Please let me know if there are any other items I will need .
Thanks so much

I went to install my LRP Z. 28R andidnt know that you needed additional parts to complete the instalation .
Could someone help me out with part numbers of the rotostart backplate and engine mount . Please let me know if there are any other items I will need .
Thanks so much

Strip your old motor for the motor mount. Id leave it pull start myself but thats personal preference

+1 on pull start ..
the roto start just has to much juice LOL it will crank that piston over faster then you can sneeze, and if your mill (engine) is flooded the roto start will not hesitate and will crank it over, but with a pull start you know how much pulling force to apply and your all good in the hood :)
One more thing, one less thing to carry with you rockout

Yeah man, I just put the same mill in my truck. Left the pull start on and used my stock motor mount! On a side note, the 16/52 gearing is a little too big to get proper mesh. The backplate of the mill would come into contact with XL TVP. I just dremeled a tiny bit of the TVP to make a notch so the motor could slide over a bit more. Worked like a charm. Awesome mill, good luck with it.

That doesn't seem right. Which truck do you have? I have the XL and that mount WILL fit! I did it. As far as I know, pretty much all big blocks are the same bolt pattern. It should work even with an older motor mount.

lrp 28 will bolt to all HPI savage motor mounts 21-X series

I'm happy to report that I'm wrong . It does fit .
It looked like it wouldn't but it did .
Forgive my stupidity.

I can't find anyone who has that back plate in stock .
I might just use the pull start .

I'm happy to report that I'm wrong . It does fit .
It looked like it wouldn't but it did .
Forgive my stupidity.

No worries man, that's what we're all here for!:beforeme:green/red hpisf

The backplates you will more than likely have to order, the part numbers are in the small LRP catalog that came in the box with the motor. I'll get them for you if you can't find them. Just let me know. I'd give them to you now but I don't have the paper on hand at the moment.

I have all the pamphlets that came with the mill . Can I order direct from LRP ?
Tower and RC Planet don't have them In stock

Google it, then click the 'shopping' tab. That should help you find someone who does have them in stock. Not sure about ordering direct from LRP.

I think I found one from rc hobbies.
I placed the order so I hope it gets here.
I never bought from them so I don't trust them yet . I'll keep you guys posted .

Which one did you get? The adapter plate, or the newer 360 degree roatatable backplate? With the adapter you have to have the HPI roto plate as well I think.

Ok I think that is just the adapter plate. You will also need the HPI Rotostart backplate for that I think. That piece is needed because the Bolt pattern on the mill is larger than the HPI roto backplate and that piece just adapts it so they will fit together.

I'm just running the pull start, and it's doing ok. The OWB slips a little if the motor is cold but it's working so... Plus I don't like carrying the rotostarter around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with thE pull start too .
Thanks Mike for your help . Could you post the part numbers of the rotostart pieces I'll need if I decide later to go with the rotostart ?
For now I'm just going to put the pull start on it and call it good .

I cancelled my backplate order because I didn't know that that company was in Austraila

OK I just got the book out. The number 38134 is meant to adapt all HPI S-25 rotostart backplates, to the Z.28R.

What you want is 38136 it's a 'complete set' for the Z.28R. Looks like it has everything there but it's a tiny pic.

The other number is 38051 and that's the 360 degree rotatable backplate. It says it contains everything you need. and it looks like it's a direct fit (doesn't need the adapter plate to fit on the mill).

Well I put the pull start back on and tried to start it but could not get it to fire .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back