LRP ZR32 failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien

I wonder what could have been the reason for such a surprise?

IMG_5075.jpeg

I diagnosed overheating, but my knowledge is limited. I see that several factors contributed here. I will pass the information on to the owner. Thank you for your quick reply.

I don't have that information. In fact, the topic is closed because the engine went to the trash. And I was curious why something like this happened because I had never seen such a failure.

The piston was in perfect condition and there was no indication that it had gotten too hot. After a long search, I managed to order a connecting rod. We assembled the engine and checked everything. The engine is alive. Since I had the opportunity to check out this engine, I purchased one for my new Savage XL project

I've seen similar failures on traxxas 2.5/3.3 engines and oddly, OS21RG engines back in the day. A buddy of mine shattered 2 con rods during break in, which took the piston/sleeve with it, so basically the engines were trashed as far as cost was concerned. The only thing we can think is that it was running too cool/rich. At that time, I had broken in maybe 15-20 engines in my life and I was there throughout the entire life of the second one he grenaded. He didn't really do anything I wouldn't have done and it seemed to be running fine, then around tank 12, "tink", wouldn't turn over. Opened it up to find the insides looking like your LRP.

For his 3rd engine, he got a hot bodies powerhouse 26 and ran that thing like a scalded dog with zero issues... well, zero engine issues. It was a big block t-maxx from 20 years ago, so diffs, transmission gears and axles were a constant problem. lol!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back