Lrp z.28r s3 break in, how many tanks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Started breaking in my lrp. In the book it says only 4 tanks break in. If ran so far 7 tanks and haven't really opened it up with higher rpm's. What do u all say, take it easy for a few more tanks or is she good to go?

i like to break mills in slow and on my lrp i went even slower i didnt even start to adjust her till i ran about 2 quarts through her then i barely made slight adjustments each tank.. and about a gallon mark i started blipping it a lil more ... by my secong gallon i was fully tuned and ready to start doing hot passes for more than a few seconds... so if you got time ide recomend takeing the break in process slow as you can it pays off in the end...

Cool , ya I haven't even cracked it full throttle yet. Can't even really get there yet anyway due to being soo rich right now. Ill take it slow, I only turned the hsn a tad cuz it was just too rich, maybe 16th of a turn in. It's got power and lots of torque now, can't imagine in another gallon or so wen I start leaning it out, I'm happy so far with this mill.

nice! i love the lrp mills to very impresive power from a stock mill. and yes they get mean when fully broke in and tuned right but do it slow and your good to go... even if you tune it a lil every tank but don't do wide open runs you can blip it for awhile and gradualy start giving more throtle for longer burst and should be ok.. ive ran almost 3 gallons on my lrp and I'm still babying it to an extent. ..best stock mills imo...well worth the money.

It depends on which fuel you are running. High-end fuels like Byrons contain extremely good lubricants, so if you are using something like that, it will take forever to completely break the engine in. Low-end fuels like HPI and Traxxas fuel don't lubricate as well, and will allow your engine to break in much faster. The LRP doesn't have a very hard piston so it should only take half a gallon or so with cheap fuel. With Byron's, O'donnells, or Sidewinder, you're looking at 1-2 gallons.

As for the process itself, you don't have to crawl around slowly, even during the first few tanks so long as the engine is at proper operating temperature. I like to idle half a tank or so to seat the bearings, then I put the truck on the ground and drive around while varying the throttle. The engine should be a tad rich, but not to the point of being sluggish.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I'm gona continue tomorow breaking It in. I'm using sidewinder 30%.

Also my bro has my temp gun so iv been goin without one. Just been breaking in by the sound, feel and smoke.

Latest posts

Members online

Back