LRP XR.32 Spec 4 Rotostart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasma327

Obviously the stock hpi roto start does not fit the spec4. Anyone know where i can get a roto start set up?
I have looked for a week to no success. I know what i need but no stock of it any where. Little help please??

Get a pullstart and ditch the rotostart. Much less to worry about ?
Plus, in my experience, the lrp motors have never been a pain to start. Even with a pullstart.

I've owned the spec.2 and spec.4, both pullstart.

I've used LRP38136 on 28 spec 3 and thought the same that the HPI wand wouldnt fit and should get a hex wand, but it came with a slot in the starter so i could use HPI wand.

A quick look indicates no stock, so if trying to start new engine then preheat and loosen glow plug a quarter turn. Rotostarts are less effort sometimes but will usually end up with slipping oneway bearing.

Never had a problem with using a roto start or breaking one way bearing, perhaps in beginning but think that was down to in experience & not knowing when engine was flooded & just kept trying to start engine!

Also if you use a high oil content fuel with alot of castor oil it will eventually gum up the one way. I am using Torco 30% which is 10% oil content and is synthetic, have had no one way problems. I have 5 trucks and run the Torco in all, works great.

Obviously the stock hpi roto start does not fit the spec4. Anyone know where i can get a roto start set up?
I have looked for a week to no success. I know what i need but no stock of it any where. Little help please??
I had the same problem. I used SH backplate and pullstart on my .32. Works great. My build thread has part numbers and pics.

Latest posts

Members online

Back