LRP vtec/xtec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarkill

I am looking to upgrade my mill sometime soon and I like the lrp's but I notice a difference. Towerhobbies has the motor, which is a vtec and it is 6+1 ports. Amainhobbies has the motor, which is an xtec and it has 8+1 ports. I want the xtec version of the motor because it has 8 ports, but are they still supplying the vtec motors because I know they had a problem with Honda. Can someone fill me in on this?

Wow great find. I didn't know they did something other than the Vtec. I would presume the X is a newer one.

I hope someone else will come along with more information maybe Pure or Bank know?

Yes, the 6 port is older than the 8 port. I figured out that the vtec version of the motor is a spec 2. Tower just got me confused, saying that it was a spec 3 motor, when it shows the output power of a spec 2. I'm going to get it from amain, just so I know what I am going to get in the mail.

vetec was first run till honda sued for they own that name for there engines so they changed to a xtec the spec 2 is the 6 porter

Members online

No members online now.
Back