LRP Spec 3 Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butters

Hey all,

After a grueling weekend of racing, I am looking into rebuilding my Spec 3. I looked around to see who carries piston and sleeves but no one does. What does bother me is that Tower state the Piston & Sleeve set is discontinued. I couldn't even find the parts on the LRP site. I have found the piston and sleeve but the parts are over seas and with the currency exchange it would be better to buy a new Spec 3. Anyone have any ideas?

I understand that LRP is going to go Picco instead of SH...I wonder if that has anything to do with this. If nothing else, the SH 8-port .28 is the same motor, and those parts are still available.

I'm just speculating but do you think Thunder Tiger buying Team Associated has anything to do with this issue? They also own Ace servos and have their own motor line. I don't think this is good for anything AE www.thundertiger.com may have some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopmeup on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com/HopMeUp-CIPCZQX014c3b634b=01009d0240a5329500000000
Hi Dave, I do have a couple of the LRP 38237 piston and sleeves. They are $59.87 each. I can send a Paypal invoice for upto 3 sets. Just let me know your email to send that to, or you can give me a call at 336-427-8697. Our hours are 12-5pm EST M-F. Thanks Tony

I got this last week from him. He may still have them, they just were not advertised for some reason. Good luck.
Horizon hobby is saying late june for the same parts for 55$

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just speculating but do you think Thunder Tiger buying Team Associated has anything to do with this issue? They also own Ace servos and have their own motor line. I don't think this is good for anything AE www.thundertiger.com may have some answers.

While it's true Thunder Tiger owns AE, that in and of itself has little to do with LRP...LRP is not owned by either company, Associated is simply the North American distributor for LRP. Check out their real website, they have their own cars (some pretty cool 1/18 scales I've never seen here), they distribute Sanwa (Airtronics), and they even distribute HPI products in Europe...at least they did until recently, you can find a few Savage parts on there if you look hard enough.

Check it...
http://www.lrp.cc/en/

While it's true Thunder Tiger owns AE, that in and of itself has little to do with LRP...LRP is not owned by either company, Associated is simply the North American distributor for LRP. Check out their real website, they have their own cars (some pretty cool 1/18 scales I've never seen here), they distribute Sanwa (Airtronics), and they even distribute HPI products in Europe...at least they did until recently, you can find a few Savage parts on there if you look hard enough.

Check it...
http://www.lrp.cc/en/

good find judge..... thanks for the info.

Thanks Judge!! Butters let us know if Blazer X's Link gets ya one. Update this if you find anything out! I have a LRP that I love and this topic interests me greatly. ~Justin~

I just tried to get my LHS to order a p/s since I got some dust in my motor last weekend. It looks as though they can get it, but we will see. Sice I am seeing what ya'll were with not being able to find them online. I pry tried 2 dozen or so stores that I could find. I couldn't even find the p/n through the thing on LRP's sight that says wether or not it's available.

Hey all,

Well I was able to get a piston and sleeve. I had a race this past weekend and was to talk to the storre owner. He had a LRP on the side opened that he pulled the pullstart off of. He gave me the piston and sleeve. I still having been trying to find them online but It hard to find them right now and still scheptic about buying the SH piston and sleeve.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back