Lrp spec 3 .28 with SS tuned pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14

Hey guys this is my first post so i guess ill say gday all from Sydney:)

I recently installed an LRP spec 3 .28 into the savvy (X 4.6 rtr) and the thing goes ballistic compared to the stock one.

I was recently given a Hpi SS ribbed pipe from a mate and thought id wack it on.

The problem I'm having is that LSN needs to be turned clockwise a few
360 degree turns before the engine runs and it still has a very rich bottom end (the stock pipe only needs minor adjustment from factory settings to run beautifully).

The HSN then runs lean and i cant get a good tune with the LRP/ribbed pipe combo.

I don't wanna keep leaning out my LSN anymore, it doesnt seem right that it needs to lean in so much.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Are there any tuning tips you guys could give me?

-cheers alfie.

Alfie,
welcome to the forum.

I don't have your answer but, one of our resident gurus will get back to ya asap

good luck,

Dan

welcome to the forum man!! That one stumped me too!

I have the same issue with mine at the end of last year. I run the hpi tuned pipe and I think the exhaust gasket against the header and engine block is leaking. There is few posts here about the lrp running very fat on the low end. Has your engine been sealed up properly?

what up s14 i have a some lrp spec 3. make sure the pipe don't have alot of back pressure. they love free flow pipes I drilled out the cone on my stock pipe 3/8'' and the pipe exit hole 38'' it ran real good then i just removed the cone and it loves it its loud but nice power very little tuning maybe 1/8 hsn 1/8 lsn. it has snap power and smoke.i want to try a buku pipe next they have the two exit holes to let it out and the cone that retracts when the pressure is geting low to keep the fuel at the same volume it a nice pipe all around pipe .the only problem is i have to get four of them and that is $436.00 good luk iam not a pro but giving my advice thanks..

its the pipe either try the hpi tuned pipe or if you have the money i hear that the jp3 pipe is the pipe to get or the spec three it wakes it up.

if your not looking to spend alot the hpi tuned alum exhaust is a good choice, and so is the jp's but they are a bit pricey some places, but theres 3 to choose from remember............ the jp 1 is for bottom end "torque"= wheelies.......... the jp 2 is a midrange power exhaust which is to say it still gives lots of power but a little more speed and the jp 3 is for the top end=speed atleast i think thats what i read anyway...... "feel free to correct me if i was wrong folks!!"if your thinking about the jp's checkout nitronutzz store on ebay rob has them for a good price!!

jp3 is for motors thats lack top end jp2 is for motors that have the speed and low end but not the mid and jp for is motors with out bottom end if I'm correct.

Hey guys, I have run the jp3 pipe on the lrp. Good pipe through out the powerband. I would rate it 2nd best pipe next to the BUKU. Don't think you will find a better pipe than the BUKU for the lrp.

Hey guys thanks for the replies:)

I put the stock pipe back on cause i can get a sweet tune out of it. I then noticed smoke coming out of the backplate.

I'm sure that that is causing some problems with the SS pipe so I'm gonna seal the engine asap and see if that helps.

Rule of thumb is bigger stinger pipe better low end power. smaller stinger pipe allows more even fuel pressure, as well as higher temp pipe allows the pipe to be more effcient on top end. I would try of course the buku. You could try the 053 or 086 pipes as well. Jp-3 or JP-2 are decent not the best though. As far as engines I love my LRP, but the Picco .28 P3 is completly insane. Lrp is for sure no slouch by no means. I really love mine. This motor just needs a little fuel through it before you go smashing from idle to WOT. Before you start leaning this motor out. I would pull the plug and rototate the flywheel and make sure it is nice a smooth. Without that real tight pinch. It should be mostly smooth through out the stroke if not keep breaking it in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back