Lrp no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finx

Running my new lrp 28 with an ofna 86 pipe I'm a little disappointed in the power. When i first ran it my slipper clutch was loose. I thought it was the new clutch not grabbing. So after a few more high speed passes I check the slipper clutch and realize that was the issue. I tighten that down but I still get horrible top end. Seems like it's revving up without putting power to the wheels.

I'm running 48/16 but it's slower than my 5.9 on 52/16. It won't even get upto 2nd gear. What do? if I let the slipper clutch get too hot could it need replacing?

how much fuel you got through it? lrp is gonna have some high pinch and it needs to be "run" in vs broken in. you want to go easy on her until you run a gallon through it. just "blips" to wot.

I agree with Frddy, I've had some take more than a gallon before they were fully broke in.

forgot to mention:

its not something you want to rush, the tight motor will make it run hotter if you run it too hard during this process.

ith freddy .. be easy on the engine for awhile ... but as for it reving n not putting power to the wheels .. have you took the spur gear off and checked to see if the pad is done.. you mentioned it was slipping then you done a few more high speed passes ... you could have cooked the pad so its not gripping any more at high speed ...
also you might have to adjust the transmision ... you went from one gear set up to a totally different one .... so now itll need some tuning on the shift points ...or am i reading that wrong?lol you have two trucks?

wow why the lame gear ratio? my RB928 was running 20/47 and would pull wheelies hitting 3rd gear. That motor is tight and you shouldn't need to turn in the tranny. also what clutches are you running? crank that slipper down so it doesn't move. Jesus you guys and your damn slipper clutches. we never ran them in the day. slippers are for kids that don't have a clue. If you know how to run a nitro you don't need it. It hurts you more than helps. you get your slip from your clutches in the bell.

Adjust shift points, and make sure slipper pad is good. I've had mine slip before even though I run it tightened all the way down just cause the pad got so bad that it allowed a little play and I had to re-tighten it. Sounds to me like your revving out in a gear and it's not shifting tho the next one. Can you hear it shift at all?

UM!
Please tell me (us) you have at least a full gallon (if not more) of fuel in your mill, before you tried some WOT passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back