LRP motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrington81

Hi there everyone. I'm looking for a new motor for my Savage X 4.6 RTR. I looked through all your guys threads and decided on the LRP Z.28r spec 3. I found one on ebay for $175 dollars is this a good price? I also found that the LRP z.28r p/s savage/sc8/mgt is diffrent looking then the LRP z.28rspec 3.The high speed needle is facing the other way,can u just turn the carb so the needle is in the right direction? I'm also sort of new to the hobby. Will I need any other parts for this motor to work on my Savage and is it easy to tune like the stock motor.Thanks guy's i appriciate the help.

yup most motors come with the carb turned opposite direction but you can just loosen the carb lock screw and turn it.
as for price you should be able to find them a bit cheaper then that.

yes one allen screw just below carb and watch the seals on it had play with the clutch bell to get it good for me I ve got two, one in a 8t and savage love them so far I did upgrade my spur to metal but I don't think you need to

I would advise a different motor. Associated has discontinued making spare parts for the .28, but they just releases a .30. maybe check that one out.

Don't get me wrong, I run a z.28 and love it. But I won't be buying a 2nd one because I just needed a piston.

Make sure you get the pull start version and not the truggy bump start version. That might be the difference with the savage version.

lrp motor question?

thanks for the info guy's.Will this motor work with my HPI ribbed exaust pipe and is it easy to install my stock clutch on it?Also does it come with instructions for break in and tuning?Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back