lrp .30 pull start slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bone

hello,,i have a lrp .30 engine with about 2 gallons of fuel ran through it and I'm now having problems with the pull starter slipping,,,,the only way to get fuel from the tank to the carb is to take the hose off the pipe and blow through it till the fuel reaches the carb,,the pull start just barely catches so when i hook the igniter on the plug and keep pulling you can hear it trying to fire but it slips alot,,when feathering the throttle at the same time and get lucky it will start and it seems once it starts even when you run out fuel the pull starter works fine for the rest of the day,,,until the next day on a cold start it happens all over again...any thought to what is goin on

Last edited:
hello,,i have a lrp .30 engine with about 2 gallons of fuel ran through it and I'm now having problems with the pull starter slipping,,,

I don't know if the LRP pull start is like the HPI one & doesn't use the 4th mounting screw , if so after you clean it put silicone in empty 4th hole to keep out debris...

Kind of does sound like the OWB inside the engine is gummed up. It's completely inside the engine, so if you aren't very diligent about running the engine dry, then putting ARO in it via the glow plug and carb intake, then turning it over a few times, over time it gets gummed up and doesn't allow the rollers to move properly and lock in.

ok guys thanks for the info,,,i will give it a try

Latest posts

Members online

Back