Lrp .28 spec 3 problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franger99

Ok so yesterday I'm doing the break in and by the 5 tank I'm giving it full throttle but it cuts out. I'm giving it more gas but still the same. And there is something else that is bothering me it makes a sound like zzzzzzzzz i don't know what it is. The ngine revs high but is not running good.

its way to lean ... turn your h8igh speed needle back out by like a 1/4 turn see if that helps .. put the low speed needle flush then turn it in maybe 1/8 turn in... that seems to be where mine like to be on the low speed needle.... hope this helps .. good luck..

You should wait until you have run a gallon through the engine before you do full throttle passes, that zzzzzzzzzzz noise is the engine screaming for mercy. It is extremely hard on the internal parts to be run at high RPM until the engine is loosened up. I would richen it back up like Max said and take your time, rushing the break-in will only shorten the engines life.

Took the words right out of my mouth Robin.
+1 on that, break-in is very crucial. I spent 2 weeks breaking in mine, few tanks a day, I needed 15 tanks which equals 1 gallon.

YEP i have to agree as well,never rush the break in,yes its a pain but well worth it in the end. i threw my truck on the ground right away when i got it and started out doing like 1/4 throttle "bleeps" for a few tanks let it cool at bdc "ALWAYS", then moved up to half throttle bleeps during the next few tanks then 3/4 and so on ended up doing about a 10-12 tank break in and my 4.1 still runs like new,pulls the wheels up no problem....

Ok so how do I know if my engine is broken in? also I used Squirrles break in method which is a cross between traxxas and heat cycle.
so I did all 5 tanks, but noticed that tank 4 and 5 was rumming way to hot, is that because my engine actually not ready for the full throttle, and I should go back to doing 1/4 and 1/2 throttle blips?

Thanks
ulua

Ok so how do I know if my engine is broken in? also I used Squirrles break in method which is a cross between traxxas and heat cycle.
so I did all 5 tanks, but noticed that tank 4 and 5 was rumming way to hot, is that because my engine actually not ready for the full throttle, and I should go back to doing 1/4 and 1/2 throttle blips?

Thanks
ulua

Ok I'm new to this hobby but you may be running lean on the hsn. Back it up until the temperature drops. My lrp was running hot in the 2 and 3 tank half throttle so i gave it more gas and the temp drop to 230 no more than that.

Hope it helps

Ok I'm new to this hobby but you may be running lean on the hsn. Back it up until the temperature drops. My lrp was running hot in the 2 and 3 tank half throttle so i gave it more gas and the temp drop to 230 no more than that.

Hope it helps
actually I think I may be rich as my HSN and LSN are flush

If your hsn is flush then your a bit lean.
Check the engine's manual but if I'm not wrong the factory settings for that engine is 3.75 turns out for both tje hsn and lsn, reset them to factory settings and work it from there. Thats what i did

Go all the way down and then back it up 3.75 comple turns

Ulua to be safe use a whole gallon of fuel to break in.
Take it easy on break you don't want to rush it what so ever. I wouldn't even go full throttle till you have a gallon through your mill. It may take a while but in the long run your mill will last longer then if you rushed the break in and beat the hell out of it after 5 tanks.

If your hsn is flush then your a bit lean.
Check the engine's manual but if I'm not wrong the factory settings for that engine is 3.75 turns out for both tje hsn and lsn, reset them to factory settings and work it from there. Thats what i did

Go all the way down and then back it up 3.75 comple turns

thanks bro, I double checked and I was a little on the lean side, I must have miss counted when I put tried to put it back to factory, now the screw is just above flush. I will give this a try again.

thanks
ulua

Just for a little info, I think 230 is way too hot for this mill. Mine runs 180-190 when I have a good tune. I thought this was a little cool but if I go any leaner it has trouble hanging after full throttle passes. So I just let it run cool, suits me just fine, puts out tons of power and has great throttle response at those temps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back