LRP .28 guys what gearing are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsavage3148

I did a few searches but it seams like all the gear threads vary since everyone is running a different motor.
Truck has FLM extended/CEN mid tank lrp z28 spec 3
I went to put my truck back together and I cant remember what gearing i was running before winter. I am pretty sure it was running 18/47 but I do remember experimenting with different gearing towards the end of fall so all I found was a pile of gears!

I don't want to be flipping the thing on its lid but I do like low end grunt

I was running 18/47 but the spur was plastic. It lasted for a long time until one day at the beach I melted it, so I put the 52 back on. Was pretty happy with the 18/52 but recently lost my CB bearings and it did some damage to the teeth on the CB. I'm gonna throw on my 16 just to see how crazy it is with 16/52. So I say 18/47 or 18/49.

Motors are only part of the equation. Tire diameter and weight play an equal or greater role in correct gearing. Tall heavy tires will require lower (numericaly higher) ratios to get the maximum potential from your rig.

I cant get 18/49 to mesh right. the backplate is hitting the tvp

I shaved some off the backplate, and the TVP on that side, and lengthened the motor mount holes with a dremel to get the motor to slide over far enough to allow the gears to mesh properly. All those are stock XL parts on my truck BTW. Some aftermarket stuff might vary a little, like FLM TVP's, motor plates, and such.

Took the truck out yesterday for a little bit to make sure things are running ok with 17/47. I am pretty sure that is what i was running. I may want a little more lower end once i find some dirt and hills!
I have a few things i need to fix up(mainly throttle return spring fell off!) but ill go see how it is today at this construction spot i been eyeing

Members online

No members online now.
Back