low end screw rtr savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do the pinch test. When the engine is fully hot, do a few runs at full throttle to clear out any excess fuel in the engine. Then bring the truck over and pinch the fuel line close to the carb inlet. The engine should rev up after a few seconds and then die. If it revs up immediately when you pinch the line, then you have it running too lean. If it does not rev up after 2-3 seconds then you have it running to rich. Alteratively you can do a few high speed passes then let it idle for 20-30 seconds. When you accelerate it shouldn't hesitate at all. Remember make very small adjustments at a time and be patient.
Hope this helps.

Make sure you get the hsn right before you do the lsn. Then do what hopit said. You should be dead on the money.

i have the 4.6 I'm pulling wheelies really easy so should i just leave the the low end screw were it is

It sounds like it's definately not too rich then, so now you must make sure it's not too lean, as this will damage your engine. Do the pinch test or make sure you can see smoke coming from the exhaust. You should see a bit more smoke just after it's be sat idleing for a few seconds. It's very difficult to say for sure what is required when I can't see or hear exactley what's happening. Maybe you could do a vid ? that would be excellent !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back