loud pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagebasher

i just bought my first savage and want to know the loudest pipe for the stock mill. could i run a straight pipe?

I hear that the hpi ribbed pipe is pretty loud,but not the best performance pipe..

those rd lodgics dual pipes that stick out the back have to be one of the loudest pipes i have ever heard..or grab a ercm pipe they seem to be pretty loud but alot more expensive.....

good point, if you went with a straight pipe it may not even shift properly due to not getting enough rpm's because of the lack of "back pressure" but I'm no expert but it definately wouldnt run right...

This is the loudest pipe lol.

DSC09599.jpg

ya i have a ribbed pipe and its pretty loud and they make a "crackling,popping" sound. They sound awsome but don't do much for performance.. if you want the best performing loud pipe then the one above is the way to go...

Last edited by a moderator:
Visionary had an hpi polished pipe on his "F" that drown out all our trucks on a video one time.

whats your price range? i think you have a variety of options if your goal is to annoy your neighbors.

I was told the ribbed was one of the best performance pipes????... either way its better than the fac turd that was on it. I put a deflector on and it still didn't quiet it down any.

I got NIB ribbed pipe for free when i first got my savage i installed it and 3 days later it came off and the stock plastic went back on.

Ribbed = Noise maker
Noise maker = No performance

The ribbed sucks... i can't believe half of the people in the thread are saying the ribbed. WOW. Did you not see the video?

Hey guys...
iw2cef.jpg

the title of the thread is loud not performance

Ribbed = Hpi trash

right on brandon... ERCM PIPE!! Ribbed... wth is that?! There is only one thing ribbed i use and it don't go on my truck.

you don't even have a truck

The ribbed sucks... i can't believe half of the people in the thread are saying the ribbed. WOW. Did you not see the video?

Hey guys...
iw2cef.jpg

Ribbed = Hpi trash

i didnt say it was good but its not the worse one out there either but it sounds kinda cool, i steer members away from the ribbed, the hpi polished is 10 times better but not loud!! lol just said it was fairly loud as i have one in the drawer,"key words in the drawer" lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is still louder and doesn't have a narrow powerband like the max pipe. That's the whole reason I designed my pipes, to give the power increase of a single chamber pipe but to be much more user friendly for land use. I will without hesitation put one of my pipes on the line against any pipe mentioned in this post for performance and sound, hands down.

Guess its just me, but wondering why you want to have the loudest pipe? Didnt ask for anything with any kind of performance also, just a loud pipe. If you want loud and performance, the ercm is the way to go. If you just want to be loud and annoying, just run the header, lol. Itll be loud, and cheap.

ANSWER THE QUESTION! :dmt: :sniper2:

Joe the question is kinda being answered.
He wants the loudest pipe and people are trying to say loudest wont be the best.
For the money a OFNA 086 would be the best bet for him, you can find them on ebay for $40. OR the HPI polished pipe, like Shaun said.

i just bought my first savage and want to know the loudest pipe for the stock mill. could i run a straight pipe?

The loudest, best pipe is robin's ERCM pipe. You CAN'T run a straight pipe because the engine needs back- pressure to force fuel into the engine. Straight pipe = no back- pressure= no fuel= no go. The ERCM pipe is epencive, but I alwase follow the saying "You get what you pay for".
And I've seen enough of them run to know they work great on just about any mill. and theres vids on youtube of the XL pulling a car with the pipe being the only mod done.

Latest posts

Members online

Back