lost power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little t

Hi everyone
when i first broke in my savage 5.9 the thing would wheelie like made when i was using backyard basher 20 nitro 16 oil but now I am using a new gallon of byrons gen 2 20 nitro and 12 oil and it won't wheelie anymore. I thought my retune was wrong so i went to my local hobby shop and they said this is normal for this motor but that sound a little off to me, tried the basher fuel again but no change.

I would make sure that your spur gear is tightened down or you could be slipping there. Also check the clutch shoes and see if they is something wrong there. Otherwise are you sure that all 4 wheels are spinning with no issues (like the diffs, missing dog bones or the screws that hold the drive cups on)?

i have yet to get my 5.9 to pull a wheelie i cant figure it out at all...the truck lifts the weight off the front wheels but never any air time. i thought it was my tune. but nothing affected it.

savi

no man mine was a wheelie monster everytime you squash the thottle

Mine would wheelie BIG Joe 40's. But is a slow motor over all. Id pull the mill and check your shoes debur them and clean your clutch bell.

mill

clutch was ok but slipper pad was destroyed into three pieces so i think that might be it will find out tonight if she will wheelie again.

Sounds like you probably found it.

However IMO, wheelies are just a PITA.

power loss

should i be stocking up on slipper pads is this a common problem??? or is there a better pad i can buy

Keep the nut tight and it shouldn't wear out to quick. But slipper pads are a good thing to keep a couple of around.

savi

the book says tighten to bottom and back out like a 1\4 turn would you recommend leaving it tight.

Most of us run it tight. Mine is cranked down all the way and cant give at all. The one (pad) squished in there that's cracked in 3 pieces. If you are new to driving you may want to not try this right away. your more prone to break driveline parts with this tight. Due to landing jumps on throttle and other new driver mistakes. But If you good at driving +1 to this...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back