Losing a friend ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tornacl

HAH it's the NOOB thing
I have been looking for a way to post this for a while now .. finally got the courage to do it .

July 2nd , 2008 my friend ended his own life.

I still struggle thru the thoughts as to why ? I know he had some problems as a kid, and some other issues, but he had so much talent and was so full of life.

I participated in and event on Sunday 9/13 ... it was with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. It was the most meaningful thing I have done in a long time.
It helped me come to terms with his death and to know that there is so many people that can be affected by this type of loss.

We can all lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on and most of all just being there ... you can do more for a person by just being there .

We all have a purpose and here for a reason !

Gregg

I feel your pain I have had many friends and people I know take their own life. I hope you can find the strenght to move forward in life and rember your friend for the good times. Talk about it to trusted friends and family. It will always be apart of you just don't let it eat away at you or you will quickly find yourself at that desperat moment in your life just as your friend did. I know that is harsh to say but it is true. That place is a very scary place to be and often ends in heartach. May god be with you.

nice post ... thats a very tough thing to have to deal with ..i been there myself but aparently i didnt know i had a purpose to be here till i got full custody of my children they were the reason i faild at my attempt. and sooo thankfull i did ... rough stuff..... thank you for the post ..... keep it going I'm sure theres alot of ppl out there thats been here or close to doing the same thing......thx.....

Hey Gregg, I feel your pain on the same level. one of my best friends ended his life back in 2003. He was one of those guys that always seemed happy, had a good relationship with his girl, went to the gym every day, had a good job ect. then one day I got the phone call from his girl....needless to say, all you can do is look to tomorrow and not try and figure out why because you will never find that answer. everyone of us has his inner daemons, and sometimes they get the best of some people. all you can do is remember the good times and move forward. the only thing that will help you is time. good luck my man

wow awsome thread, i to had someone close end there life, and its not a easy thing to deal with but it does get better as time goes by and i have to say you attending the event for suicide prevention or whatever that was took extreme courage on your part and goes a long way to showing how good of a friend you were,... take care.......

... you can do more for a person by just being there .

Peeps say "everything happens for a reason" but i still wait for the person to come along that has found it and can explain it to the rest of us. maybe we weren't supposed to know or arent capable of understanding something like this.

i feel for ya and everyone else who posted here & can relate. i tried to 'gift' you a yellow ribbon (like mine) in vb plaza, but you can only buy it for yourself.

i agree with the piece that i took outta your quote; ive found that the unspoken messages you send are the ones that speak the loudest.

:peace:

Sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose someone close to you reguardless of how they passed, but, when someone takes their own life it affects you in other ways. I have never had to live through this and hopefully never will. It took great courage posting this but I think it's all part of the healing process.

I guess the main thing I want to convey here is that we all have a reason and purpose in our lives.

My friend Troy has lost his reason and didn't remember his purpose anymore.

I still ask myself why I didn't call him more or go over to hang out more or ask how he was doing and dig into his personal life a bit more.. basically all the "What if's ".

If you know someone that has been kicked in the face by life and is down in spirits .. take the time, put yourself out there for them please !

There is a successful suicide every 16 minutes in this country .

I wonder how many less there would be if they knew someone had genuine concern for them .....

Gregg

Sorry to hear this Gregg I was totally unaware. It's always sad to hear of these things and I have to agree that if we could just be there for these people they would make it much further.

PS> If there is anything I can do let me know.

Members online

No members online now.
Back