Looking to get Spektrum Radio/Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommyrox

Just got a Savage X 4.6 and I am looking to get Spektrum Radio/Transmitter. Any thoughts on model?

I'm no expert on Spektrum, run JR racing myself. Just wanted to poke in and welcome you to the forum!

Welcome to the forum, as for a spectrum I have no experience with them I use a FlySky radio on my nitros, far cheaper and just as good performance IMO.......

Thanks for the welcome and I've decided I like the stock radio :)

Thanks for the welcome and I've decided I like the stock radio :)
Make sure you have a throttle return spring installed and a fail safe as well. The HPI stock radio is notorious for wacky behavior at best.

That said, really a fail safe and return spring should be on your truck regardless of radio system.

Ya i have to agree with WoodiE on this, a good failsafe and a return spring are cheap insurance against a runaway rig......
Post up some pics of what you decide to do and buy.... as always enjoy running your truck......

Is this not a standard spring installed from the factory? Can you post a pic where this spring goes? I did enable the Fail Safe option on the radio so if the radio glitches, powers off or dies it will apply full brakes...

Thanks guys!!

I use small springs from the hardware store, but Team Losi and HPI sell return springs, it goes over the throttle arm ball end and stretches across the chassis to pull it shut if the failsafe just does happen to not work, some of the specific ones like sold like Losi clip on the high needle barrel and do the same thing.....
either way good luck with it.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back