Looking for some braking advice....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I am working on a TCS 1/5 scale Flux conversion, and have a question...

This thing is HEAVY, almost as heavy as my Baja - and I don't trust the brakes to be done just by the motor. I am working on a servo mount to use the red carbon brake set on the Flux transmission, but I am greedy, I want reverse too :)

So, someone posted something about the reverse module... I am now thinking about putting in a Y-harness on the ESC to operate a servo that freely moves in the forward position, but when the brakes are applied, grabs the brakes (I would disable the brake in the ESC) when you hit "reverse". Then using the reverse module and another servo, use that for reverse.

Why reverse? Well since I have converted just about everything I have to brushless, now I am spoiled :) Also, as big as this thing is I don't want to have to go running after it unless I have to :)

I have already put in an FLM front servo plate and have made a CF mid plate to move the battery in-board (I don't like how the flux batteries hang on the outside)... I am running 6S, so brakes are gonna be REAL important :)

Comments welcome :)

Bob

From my personal experience the reverse module is junk...I used it maybe 2-3 times and then it started acting up. The gears in it are plastic and unless it is perfectly still, they will strip...and then you get to tear it all down and fix...just a big pain in my opinion.

Not yet - I have been pretty bad at that lately, mostly because I have been doing this at night :)

I will get some though, if you are interested...

Bob

From my personal experience the reverse module is junk...I used it maybe 2-3 times and then it started acting up. The gears in it are plastic and unless it is perfectly still, they will strip...and then you get to tear it all down and fix...just a big pain in my opinion.

They are metal but they strip justs easy as a plastic gear would lol. And yea has to be to a complete stop for it to work.

Hmmm mine was plastic I thought....all I remember is I stripped them and trashed it...

Latest posts

Members online

Back