Looking for Clutch Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

]-[0pa]0ng

HPISF Supporter
Here is yet another choice for your Savage clutch setup. Straight from Werks site.

http://werksracing.com/faq.do?id=4

1. Carbon shoes seem to be the most popular. Giving the best feel and hook up.
2. Teflon shoes are the softest but work best low traction conditions or for engines lacking bottom end.
3. Rulon shoes are for high traction track. Hook up the hardest.

Here is at least other options that are availble for your Savage. Any thoughts on it or is anyone susing this setup?:cool:

This is what I found about the clutch shoes.

Rulon on the other hand has higher wear, this is especially dependant on the amount of slip used. It does however have the most grip. Be aware, because of this, the clutch can feel like its getting heavy (engaging early), This is because of the increase in grip because of heat. Base your adjustment on a hot clutch, 1 minute. This is an excellent choice on a high traction tracks assuming you put the time in.

Teflon has the least grip with excellent wear, it is best suited on low traction conditions or for engines lacking bottom end. It allows the engine to spool up before the clutch locks.

As mentioned begin with the soft 1.3mm gold spring. Depending on the inner-diameter of your clutchbell, the shoes should begin to engage just above idle. As you tighten the adjusting nut, 1/3rd to 1/2 turn at time, the engagement point will occur later, resulting in improved acceleration. This is because engagement is getting closer to the beginning of the powerband.

They also give the most contact area of shoes verse CB,the carbon shoe i believe were mostly used in monster trucks were heating was a issue.I also know that it takes a different motor mount for your engine to slide on due to the depth of the werks clutch system or you have to do some mods to the collet to allow the fly wheel to slide on further on the crank shaft.

so has any one used one of these "power clutchs"? I was thinking of getting one but i have not found any reviews for them and i would rather not toss my money away.

Werk Racing 4 shoe clutch

Hawg has been running one of these for a few weeks now. The carbon shoes seemed to slip and create alot of heat. He is now running the Rulon shoes with much better results.

IMHO, this setup works EXTREMELY well, but the setup is a bit of a hassle as you have to remove the clutchbell to make any adjustments. I'll try to remember to keep this updated.

clutch_diag.jpg

Yeah Moto Mega was ruining the same type of setup .. He didn't like it much

Last edited by a moderator:
one word nova will never use any other clutch again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back