Looking For a Few Savage Bits - Wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooGoCow

Hi all, on the look out for a few Savage bits:

3 speed gearbox, preferably whole unit from a later model X or XL. I have the original 25 box without the incremental improvements over time so upgrading means replacing everything anyway.

Adjustable engine mount. I know Nova did one but there were more 3rd party adjustable mounts so the engine position could be shifted.

Let me know if you have anything!

Ta

Do you mean adjustable as in left and right? If so integy make 1, been running 1 for years without an issue

Its more forward and back - I have had to drill out the engine plate to give me a little leeway to pull the engine back a few mm. The Fioroni clutch and bell I am using pushed the clutch bell almost up against the spur gear to the point that the mesh was horrible. It is okay now but I'd rather have something neater.

Moo, I believe Nova was the only one I've ever seen made with front/back adjustment. That's what I currently use, but I had mine ano'd black. One of the engine mount holes is stripped, so i just use extra lock tight to keep the screw in.

I spotted this mount https://www.gpmracing.jp/hpi-savage...-screws-lock-nuts-gpm-sav1080-p-90008042.html

But I found it on AliExpress, I can't link the exact one as I use the app and the site won't let me search off my phone but looks identical.

Does the Nova bolt through the mount like this? Or does it have individual threaded holes for different positions? Not sure I like the bolt through solution as it would be a faff to adjust needing access to top and bottom of the bracket.

That GPM Racing site has loads of savage stuff. Can't get translate working on the phone to see if any of its in stock, but there are pages of savage parts including what looks like a knock off of the Fioroni clutch as well lol!! Postage might be an issue but the parts list looks interesting.

https://www.1001modelkits.co.uk/spa...0087218-savage-3-speed-box-4944258872186.html

This company who are based in France I believe have 3-speed conversion or complete 3-speed box, (not great on price) ordered off them myself for 250mm long rota start wand who appeared to be the only company on planet showing stock.
I have Nova engine mount which the mounting nuts are recessed & held in place to stop them spinning, so when adjusting they can’t come out of place unless you undo them loads! ??

Cheers for the link Guinness mate. Not come across it before... Prices are strange.... Gearbox, complete, new £70 odd quid. Parts to upgrade your existing gearbox to 3 speed £100?!?

I don't need it badly enough to fork out either of those sums though, not while the 2 speed is working anyway.

Looks like I'm going to be purchasing a couple of RTR kits for my lads tomorrow, they've seen the truck and want to join in. The very reason I returned to RC was to try and get them interested and it's worked!! Happy dad ???

Last edited:
If you look at Description below g/box, prices are the other way round I thought that at first but still expensive!
Happy Days with your boys, enjoy! ??

Moo, the Nova mount has fixed mounting holes for the motor and where it's mounted to the engine plate, those are slotted to make front/rear adjustments. The slots are grooved on the top side to allow a nut to fit in and not spin when tightening up the screws from the under side like normal. The mount you linked should do the trick, just has a different way of adjusting. It's probably slotted on the bottom to allow a nut to fit in and not spin when tightening up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back