Lookin to pick up a Savage...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFro

After some extensive searching, i've decided on picking up a savage 4.6 kit and Futaba 3pm FM remote. I was just wondering as to what else would be good to get alongside the truck and remote; kind of a basic list of necessities. Such as good servos, battery packs, tips on building. Looking to get some input past the generic websites. Thanks for the help.

a good and fairly cheap servo is the hitec 645mg" CHECK OUT NITRONUTZZ ON EBAY,AMAZING GUY TO DEAL WITH" it has the metal gears instead of the plastic which is what the stock ones are and has a bit more power..... so you put the hitec servo on your steering and move the one that was on the steering to your brake-throttle .... as far as hump packs i bought mine online at onlybatterypacks.com... i got a 1500mah NiMH with charger and built in lead so you can charge it without taking out the hump pack for like $40 dollars shipped and they were great to deal with as well!! and i swapped out the shock oil for 35wt silicone shock fluid as well as i found it a bit to soft when i first got it!!!and i ALWAYS use a fuel filter on my trucks, I'm running the dynamite"big daddy titanium fuel filter" at the moment!!

P.S..... if you decide to change the shock oil to silicone make sure you get the shocks cleaned out well as its oil thats in them to start with and silicone and oil don't mix well!! hope this helped a bit!! and welcome to the forum by the way!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, welcome to the forum.
as far as little things, a silicone exhaust deflector to help keep the oil and crap off. some zip ties around the head to keep the head from gettin scratched up. if your gettin a new radio, maybe a new reciever? mine fried the first weekend i had it. so i have a fubata 2 channel, and i haven't had any problems with it.

and Loctite all the engine bolts, and give the engine a good sealing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back