lol "Good, Fake" Alu Fleebay BigBores From HK vs Stock Plastic BB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

Firstly i usually find the the words... Good & Fake, don't usually belong in the same sentence... but maybe i will make an exception just this once.dance kitty

Ok... well here is my review with some pics of the big bores and my inteded use for them...

A few things I'm not big on when it comes to my savage.... Integy products & Fake replicas......

Anyway i decided to bite the bullet and get some cheap Alu BB off fleebay and see how they compared... I bought them with the intention of using the fuel tube shock mod and lower them just for road use. ( I knew they would never be as great as the real thing... But i guess road use doesnt stress them as much as bashing)

When the shocks arrived i immidiately opened up the packaging and inspected them.
- I initially thought they were filled with baby oil or something as shock fluid as they didnt offer any sort of damping.
So out with the old fluid and replaced with some decent 35Wt shock oil....

No leaks or anything and they feel just as good as my stock plastic BB!

- What i didnt like was the quality of the shaft. It doesnt look as strong as the stock BB Shaft... but i guess you could always buy some titanium shafts which i believe are stock on the GENUINE Alu BB? (correct me if I'm wrong?) - http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=86383
86383_01x.jpg

Anyway... my overall impressions... They Look Great... Feel Great (with new oil)... And with some new shafts, i do not see why they couldnt take a bashing like the real thing! Plus if something does go wrong... at least you haven't spent an arm and a leg to get them!

Here are some pics of them vs the BB. Plus a few pics of how low i am running them on my truck compared to stock...
I haven't done all 4 yet as i have run out of shock oil.

Stock vs Fake
DSC00163.jpg

My stance after carrying out the shock mod. The length of fuel tube inserted to get this desired ride height was 2.7cm.
DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

Some pics of my ride height at the front for bashing
DSC00166.jpg

Side shot
DSC00167.jpg

more pics... the savage loves posing for the camera...
DSC00168.jpg

With his new fibreglass lid on
DSC00169.jpg

Last 1 with my carbon style sticker :)
DSC00170.jpg

Conclusion
These shocks are def worth the money! I like having multiple sets of shocks for on and off road. I guess if your not jumping, then these would be great as standard.... But if you were to bash hard with these... then i would def upgrade the shaft asap!

alright... will do in about a week... no heart for my car at the moment... somewhere stuck in france :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back