locker in the back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodshemi

hey guys i was thinking about locking the rear diff should i get a spool or jb weld it or hot glue. tell me what you think i want to be able to do cyclones without the one tire fire in the back. what do you think

ya you can buy a spool for the diff has any one tryed one shouldnt be to hard to steer all my 1:1 4x4s have had lincon lockers in the back they werent to bad to drive

i put jbweld in mine..works great....i jus have to buy another diff now for the summer as i only wanted it locked for the snow/ice

I'm still running silly putty in the rear diff. It is working out nicely. I haven't noticed any decrease in turning radius. I just saw that locker and thought i'd share it.

What are the benifits of the locked rear diff?? Easy donuts???..lol..

How much better can launching get if the front wheels don't stay on the ground as it is???...lol...

well the same amount of power is going to both wheels soo its more even its more for rock crawling really so that if one tire is in the air the other will keep turning

Does it affect turning radius??? Or increase the chance of driveline parts breaking?? I think it would?? Hmm

The turning radius increases when you put a locker in the rear. It is sure fun to drive with the rear diff locked. jb weld works only if you fill the whole diff with it.

Does it affect turning radius??? Or increase the chance of driveline parts breaking?? I think it would?? Hmm

Yes a locker is hard on the rear drive shafts. I had one in my e-maxx and the rear shafts twisted, although these were plastic slider shafts.

Ya I don't think plastic shafts would hold up well with a locker!!!.lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back