little OWB, slip: Maintenance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romper4444

What do you guys recommend for OWB maintenance on the F4.6, rotostart backplate? It just started to slip for the first time since new, about 3 gallon on it. Always stuck with premium fuel, Byron or O'Donnell. I have heard only Mobile 1 5w30 synthetic motor oil will suffice, is this true. On my traxxas motors, when the OWB slips, which it does constantly no matter if its new or not, I have drilled a small hole in center of backplate, I then just squirt some WD-40 into it, and it works everytime for a couple tanks again. Any suggestions if this works on the Savy as well. The bearing looks identical to my Nitro 'Pede's OWB.

I would replace the shaft its cheap

If that don't work......you need a new oneway

I have a box of 15 oneway bearings all cost over20 bucks each

I feel your pain

as i said everything is still in excellent chape, as I have learned from past OWB experience, the bearing just started to slip, after bashin' I pulled and inspected it. Now before I put it back 2gether, I need to know the best and most common thing to use to lube the bearing. There are a few manufactureres that actually make OWB lube, and from the research I've done a few of the lubes do wonders. But I don't want to order anything, I have access to all kinds of oil,grease,lube,etc, as I am a mechanic. I know every bearing uses something different that works, but I'm new to the Savy so I need to know the best thing to try or start with as it will keep working if I just brake clean or degrease it, the fuel alone will allow it to grab, but from reading about OWB's, certain lubes will keep certain bearings working flawlessly for a long time, thanks for the help so-far, but someone must have a list of things to try??

there is a way to clean them with household solvents. I'm pretty sure that brake clean eats the plastic cage the bearings ride on.....i just stick a papertowel in there and rotate.

I would replace the shaft its cheap

If that don't work......you need a new oneway

I have a box of 15 oneway bearings all cost over20 bucks each

I feel your pain

15 man I would be swapping to pullstarts.. My sf.32 is a roto tho and it doest have a OWB... gotta love that

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back