LiPo's in hpi rotostart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

hello, i was wondering if you could use 8.4v LiPo's in the hpi rotostart?
i know its normally 7.2 volt but would that harm the device itself and is anyone using this coz i have some lipos i don't use anymore...
just adding some tamiya connectors and i would ready to go, would be a cheap solution...

thanx in advance!

P

hello, i was wondering if you could use 8.4v LiPo's in the hpi rotostart?
i know its normally 7.2 volt but would that harm the device itself and is anyone using this coz i have some lipos i don't use anymore...
just adding some tamiya connectors and i would ready to go, would be a cheap solution...

thanx in advance!

P

I don't think 2S LiPo will hurt it. its only .2 volts more. Most electronics are safe + or - 15% so that give's you 1.11V to play with on that reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why you would want to do it though lol

i'll tell you why you wouldn't want to IMO:

caz a roto don't have a LiPo cut off and you try crankin' it up with a under-charged LiPo & BOOM!!!!

only thing worse than a LiPo blowing up in your truck is one blowing up in your hand & face.

don't do it.

:retarded:

i'll tell you why you wouldn't want to:

caz a roto don't have a LiPo cut off and you try crankin' it up with a under-charged LiPo & BOOM!!!!

only thing worse than a LiPo blowing up in your truck is one blowing up in your hand & face.

don't do it.

I don't know.. chics dig scars so as long as you could still use your hand to drive the truck....

I don't know.. chics dig scars so as long as you could still use your hand to drive the truck....

(in my opinion), then just make sure you hold the roto real close to your face & get it on vid

(please note that this post was only a joke, i HIGHLY recommend you do not put a LiPo battery into an HPI Rotostart without the express written consent of the manufacturer. IMO common-sense will tell you that this device was never intended for a LiPo battery & the instruction manual from the manufacturer does not give approval for LiPo cells.)

lmao actually the step son has already had a fight with the roto start and lost, he's 11 and was fooling around with it and thought it would be funny to spin his hair with it after being told not to touch it,"hair just grew back after like 6 months" it literally pulled a big patch of hair out of his scalp!!! lol don't think it needs any more power thats for sure lmao

don't do it cuz you will strip the one way bearing thats on the rotostart thing on the motor. trust me i put a LiPo in it and it had so much power that it stripped it, so i had to go buy a new one for 18 bucks!!

i'll tell you why you wouldn't want to:

don't do it.

Just make sure it's always fully charged, as you would do with a NiCd/NiMH before going to bash. You never want it to get dead in the middle of the day, anyway.

I'm using a 3000mHA 2S LiPo, and soon will put in a small LiPo Monitor that sounds a buzzer when voltage levels get critical. I'll remove that useless charge jack and put the buzzer in its place.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7224

ok thanx alot! It's just beacause i have some spare LiPo's that i don't use anymore!

i'll buy a NiMH instead coz i love my pretty face and my delicate hands LOL

No offense but I can't put into words how pointless this thread really is. You don't need LiPo's in a rotostart and why on earth would want them in a cordless drill Sudi? They make drills with plenty of power nowadays LOL. I see no need for a 'custom' drill LMAO.

No offense but I can't put into words how pointless this thread really is. You don't need LiPo's in a rotostart and why on earth would want them in a cordless drill Sudi? They make drills with plenty of power nowadays LOL. I see no need for a 'custom' drill LMAO.

As for drills, I agree it's pointless. But for the rotostart, not that much.

If your NiMH stick went dead, you'll need to change it. If you already have the charger, why not to go LiPo? Properly maintained, it will last longer and turn stronger than NiMH. And they're cheaper, these days.

Considering the rotostart causes serious one way bearing damage with a weak stick pack, what is going to happen once you up the power and speed?

Considering the rotostart causes serious one way bearing damage with a weak stick pack, what is going to happen once you up the power and speed?

finally some sense in this post. lol i agree with all the haters. theres no need for a LiPo to start a truck. Just cause you have one doenst mean its a good idea. Id buy a new stick pack and go from there. or as someone else mentioned pull start FTW!

Latest posts

Members online

Back