LiPo problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimshamis

Hey guys my lipos are running really warm my motor temps towards the end of the run are between 150 and 165 depending on how warm it is outside running 5s Hyperion 5000mah 45-90c stock gearing 20 44 any help should I back the pinion down to 18 the truck is a little heavier than stock it's a flm xl

Hey man :) If your LiPos are running warm, it is likely over-draw on the battery - try dropping the pinion on it... If its 45-90C though, should not be much of a problem...

Go from 20 to 18 u think that would be sufficient

Went to an 18t pinion and that made the difference packs are very very slightly warm now don't have quite the speed anymore but that's probably a good thing seems everytime I go fast it breaks cause of a cartwheel lol thanks alot guys

With those Hyperions you shouldn't have any problems at all. They are some of the better cells out there. They really should be performing better than they do for you.

In my Flux I run the elCheapo Turnigy batts in 6S configuration and stock gearing. Batts don't go above ambient so not sure why you are having problems.

To be completely honest I have tore the entire truck down looking for binding somewhere and I mean I even rebuilt the duffs trans everything new acer bearings and all an my packs where still running pretty warm the hyperions run just as warm if not warmer than my nanotech turnigys I've tried cheap packs quality packs I've played with every setting in that speed control even purchased two other speed controllers and still the packs ran pretty warm so if I sacrifice a little speed to be safe well then I guess that's fine with me. Is your flux a stock flux? Mine has aluminum flm servo plate xl flm chassis rsc suspension so I think my truck is just a little heavier that a stock truck I'm not 100% though if anyone has any input on something I missed I am all ears but I can guarantee no binding anywhere and mesh is perfect

Latest posts

Members online

Back