LiPo For Savage X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

Guys Am getting my new high voltage servos today and will be upgrading my current stock servo. I do have a question, i heard that the LiPo 7.4v pack will be a problem to the stock receiver. Is this true?

I don't think I've heard of reciever issues. But I know a lot of guys use LiFe packs backseat the maximum voltage is lower.

I do beleive and someone correct me if I'm wrong but if your receiver isn't high voltage (I don't think the stock one is) to you could fry it. I've got high voltage servos to but my receiver isn't so I still have to run a voltage regulator..to drop it to 6.0v.

I do beleive and someone correct me if I'm wrong but if your receiver isn't high voltage (I don't think the stock one is) to you could fry it. I've got high voltage servos to but my receiver isn't so I still have to run a voltage regulator..to drop it to 6.0v.

This is very true. Assuming though that he has the stock receiver, the RF-40, it can take up to 7.4V in.

From the user manual for the RX:

upload_2016-3-25_14-19-55.png

You are not mistaken. I wonder if the spec was written to mean that the receiver could accept a hard maximum of 7.4 volts, or a battery rated at a nominal 7.4 volts.

That's what I was getting at too. I don't know what the peak would be on a 6.0 NiMH pack. My 8.4 packs vary sometimes over 10v.

Latest posts

Members online

Back