LiPo Chargers???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwheeling

I have been a nitro guy for a couple years and will continued to be but I will be buying a Flux as soon as Uncle Sam deposits the funds :DJjam:That truck is just sick!!!(Another thread I know) Any way I have two 2s lipos 2600 and will be buying 2 more macdaddy lipos(SMC) in the near future. What Charger do you guys use for the lipos. My lhs is selling great plains charger,I was also told about Venom's charger, also the Hyperion EOS0610iDUO2 DC Balance Charger can charge 2 lipos at the same time. I just wanted to get the forums advice on this.This is an expensive changeover!!!But will be well worth when complete.:jamout:

Thanks for your interest in SMC products Cwheeling!!! We use the EOS0610i Duo's from Hyperion that require a power supply. The Hyperion line is an expensive line, but they are very worthy products. We have 5 of these machines and have only had issues with 2 of them, which were repaired and returned in a very prompt manner and have been fine ever since. The whole LiPo changeover is more expensive than the NiMH and NiCD days, but being able to run the same pack over and over and over again without having to worry about doing damage is worth the investment alone. Not to mention all the extra go-go juice you get by making the switch. I don't know much about the Venom or Great Planes chargers so I can't give any info on those. Main rule to follow is if you buy expensive batteries, be sure the charger is also of high quality.

Good Luck and have fun with the FLUX. It's INSANE!!!:resp:

Bryan @ SMC

+1 on the Hyperion. i have the 606i also, but id prob step up to the 610i if i was gonna get into charging lipos on a regular basis cuz its 10amp.

only thing is you need a power supply to run it which you'll prob need with any big capacity charger anyway.

Ditto. I own the 606i AC/DC myself and LOVE it. Sooo worth the money and has worked flawlessly.

www.holmeshobbies.com has some nice prices on them.

I am running the Thunder Power TP-610C and it is working great. I also know of at least 8 other people running the same charger at our track and they are all working great. For power supply I am running the following one:

http://cloudclimberhobbies.com/store/product/2557/OFN92135/

The prices are in CAN dollars so the cost is higher then the 606i.

The 606i is a good charger as well. But personally I would rather have a add on power supply so if the power supply fails you can simply get a new one and not need a new charger. Of course the down fault of the non built in power supply is it harder to carry around.

For batteries I am using both Thunder power and SMC. Both are awesome batteries and would use both again without a question.

I can't wait (if they aren't already out) for the new 4S SMC LiPo's coming out. I am running one of those in my 8ight-E for sure.

The 606i is a good charger as well. But personally I would rather have a add on power supply so if the power supply fails you can simply get a new one and not need a new charger.

Shant, you bring up a good point, but if my internal power supply goes down, cant i just buy a power supply and connect it to my 606i? i would think it may be possible becuz it is an ac/dc charger :thinking:

i agree on the charger with a higher amp tho cuz the 606i is only 6amp, which is great for my NiMH & Ncad but think you be much happier with 10amp or higher for charging your lipos :Radioactive:

Shant, you bring up a good point, but if my internal power supply goes down, cant i just buy a power supply and connect it to my 606i? i would think it may be possible becuz it is an ac/dc charger :thinking:

i agree on the charger with a higher amp tho cuz the 606i is only 6amp, which is great for my NiMH & Ncad but think you be much happier with 10amp or higher for charging your lipos :Radioactive:

To be honest with you I am not sure if it would work or not. I would think as long as the current doesn't have to go the dead power supply it could work.

I've tried nearly every top quality charger there is on the market...and I've settled on the Hyperion brand as well. For what it can do I wouldn't call it expensive though. At face value the price is high, but for what it can do no.

I've used the 0606i (both versions), 610i NET, DUO II, and will be going with the 720i NET once my 610 sells (in the for sale forum).

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9960

Last edited by a moderator:
:happy:well I broke the bank again and bought the Hyperion dou II. Wow what a charger. I spent the last two days soldering leads for everything. Hopefully when the rain stops I can charge the batteries and drive the new savage flux!!! Thanks again for all the valuble information.

Latest posts

Members online

Back