Linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there on the X 4.6's i have noticed this on the XL 5.9's too that the linkages are not setup well out of the box. I had to adjust on mine for an hour or so to get it right but what made all the difference in the world was ditching the throttle return spring, now i know what some of you well be thinking is you need this for a fail safe well that is true but unfortunately the rtr servo's are weak from the factory and mine wasn't allowing it to open the carb to full throttle even adjusting the end points on the servos didn't help and was causing problems not letting the carb close all the way at which was causing a lot of idling issues so hopefully this helps others who have fought this for awhile. I know some like to modify the linkages with ofna or dynamite pro links but you don't have too if you have a little patience at which i have had to work on very hard haha.

P.S. this is what worked for me so this is just an opinion is all so please don't hate the player hate the problem............

going to a servo with 200 ozin torque alleviates all the problems, and not using a return spring is just asking for trouble even with a failsafe setup you will still want a return spring....

I put together a linkage setup out of my junk box and it works very well for a cost of nothing except a little time on my part.......

Oh i agree you definitely need to replace the servo but us broke boys have to wait because we broke....

I'm gonna have to agree with @Jam Racing 1. That removing of the throttle return spring is just asking for issues down the line...

No one is stating that the stock linkages don't need work or adjustment. Just that there are well documented ways of helping this, as you state, the ofna kit is one of them.

Well to each his own. I understand where you guys are coming from and respect it, for me i haven't had a servo failure ever luckily but anything is possible, for now i'm just going to run what works until i can upgrade the servo. I will just rely on the old receiver fail safe for the time being haha.

Yeah, most remove the stock setup in favor of something like these:
2004-1106-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2008-1030-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

That last one is in my current nitro savage. I run a hitec 985MG 172oz t/b servo that's sealed with o-rings including the output shaft. I only run that servo or one similar to it for throttle on my nitro trucks anymore. Seems if a servo got wet/damaged, it would always fail and go WOT while overpowering any servo saver spring. That servo has been in one savage or another for over a decade and works just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back