Left from wheel misalligned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obbi13

Hello guys,

After a hard knock with a light post my savage left front wheel is not straight as the others. While running, turning to one side is better than the other. I noticed that my shocks are bended a little bit in comparison with the other. Could that be cause. I know that the turnbuckles are not adjustable, so how do I correct that misalignment without replacing the shocks.

Are the shocks the only thing that I need to look at?

Check to see if your lower suspension arm has not come off the pin. There is a seam by the pin holes and sometimes the arm comes off and it is very difficult to see. If the arm has come off the pin you will need to replace the arm.

Check to see if your lower suspension arm has not come off the pin. There is a seam by the pin holes and sometimes the arm comes off and it is very difficult to see. If the arm has come off the pin you will need to replace the arm.

AllanQ, you are a genius. Right on the spot as always! The lower suspension arm in fact was out of the pin. I looked at it really good and there appears to be no damage, so i took out the pin and put it back the way it should. Now the wheels are aligned.

Also, Dreadnaught and Judicator, thanks to you both I learned that I can adjust my stock turnbuckles.

REP+++ to all of you!

so glad to hear you got it all figured out my friend.. as i've been saying all along this is the best place to turn to when your in need of help!!!

The lower suspension arm in fact was out of the pin. I looked at it really good and there appears to be no damage, so i took out the pin and put it back the way it should. Now the wheels are aligned.

Same thing happened to me just today, LOL. It is damaged and will need to be replaced. The plastic split open on the inside and then slid off the pin, it should not be split like that. Once you put it back the way it should be, you will still be able to drive it around with no problems, but if you do any bashing it will definitely pop back out again. You can find a pair of them off ebay for about 10 bux. Search 85047 suspension arms on ebay. Hope this helps ya out.

Chiz

Members online

No members online now.
Back