K4.6 vs F4.6??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

Is the K4.6 from the Savage SS any better then the F4.6 from the RTR? If so what are the advantages? Can you put the roto start on the K4.6?

I have a chance to buy a K4.6 for not much more then a rebuild kit would cost me for my F4.6 but I only have almost two gallons through it.

Also, does anybody have any idea roughly of how many gallons both motors are good for before a rebuild? I'm useing 30% sidewinder with the F4.6 running slightly rich on both high and low end.

Thanks.

imho the f4.6 hands down better power and easier to tune. and yes you can get a roto start for the k mill but its much harsher on the owb. as for how many gallons you can run thru a mill just depends on how well youve taken care of it and how you have your tune.

i never ran the k4.6 but the f4.6 is a nice stock mill. and the f4.6 don't have the mid needle to mess with witch makes it user friendly .. and as for how much fuel you can run through one is just like wild child said depends on the tune and the fuel you use.. but you can get several gallons out of a mill before it starts to lose power and need rebuilt.

ya i definately would rather have a engine without the midrange needle, seems alot have problems with it!!

Just a quik question my k4.6 mill has a mid range needle,but reading your replies u say the f4.6 dosent but yet a mate has a f4.6 ssx kit and his has a mid range whats the deal there

Just a quik question my k4.6 mill has a mid range needle,but reading your replies u say the f4.6 dosent but yet a mate has a f4.6 ssx kit and his has a mid range whats the deal there

Xss is not a F mill.The kit has the K. RTR is a F its a force .28. K is a king star .28... same people that make the axial for axial. If it has one its the wrong carb ...

Last edited by a moderator:
bank took care of ya lol... was going to ask what color the engine block was on your friends ss kit.. the f4.6 are black the k4.6 are grey. but ive heard some the k mills are black to so idk. but the f mill should only have 2 needles and the k has 3...

The F4.6 is definitely the better performing engine. The K4.6 is identical to the Axial 28, and isn't a great engine.

We have both (roto start on both). Based on our experience the F is easier to tune, holds a better tune, and seems to have higher rpm. The K seems to have more low end. If I had to buy either, then I would choose the F. If the K is a good deal, then get it. One of our K's has 7 gallons through it "without" a rebuild and still going strong.

F4.6 on 30% wit 15/49 gearing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3EbyhsovMA

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I may just stick with my F4.6 and get a rebuild kit when needed. It's running perfect!

I didn't know that the K4.6 has a three needle carb, they can be a bit of a pain at times.

Kevin.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back