K 4.6 supercharged??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashard

Nitro Nutcase.
has anybody on the forum tried a supercharger on a HPI k4.6?
the supercharger idea has been running circles in my mind for 2 months now.
I know the supercharger can solve the half tank lean issue and I know that I have to get a torque tuned pipe with enough counterpressure.
but if anyone ever did it on a k4.6 engine I`d like to know how they performed because I can probably lend an sc from someone to see how it performs.
any response is wellcome,Thanks!!

I think there will be more than one happy dutch guy cause there may be other members from holland and the uk interested as well.

I already did, as soon as he has a spare sc he`s willing to send it to me for testing and if it works we`ll be talking about the price.
that`s why I want to know if anybody used one on a k4.6 before.

IDK I think X said it wasn't worth it but can't remember..... X if it wasn't you sry I thought it was... lol

he`s right.
it cannot work on for example a car engine like it`s meant to, it cannot build up pressure cause the exhaust and inlet are open at the same time.
BUT it can improve the engines internal airflow and keep the tank pressurized so no more half tank lean issue.
if I can find a pipe with enough counterpressure, it will prevent blow through as much as possible.
this way it`s possible to increase your output significantly.
I know a guy who can make and actually calculate tuned pipes so I`ll get in contact with him as well.
shortly said; a supercharger on a 2 stroke cannot build up pressure but it can improve internal airflow and thus increase output.
And that`s what I want to find out for myself.
if it won`t work with a k4.6 I`ll buy another engine and try it again.
I won`t say that it won`t work, I only say it doesn`t work exactly the same as a supercharger or turbo on a 4 stroke car or motorbike engine.
I`ll say that it will work or not when I see it with my own eyes.

i am in the situation as you buddy i want a supercharger also but i don't know which one works on the axial 28 engine. plus i don't know which 1 will work on it because i have been to rb innovations but the customer service wouldnt answer me

buying the supercharger to solve this mystery 'half tank lean' issue seems like a bit of a waste of money. if you have any issues with the tank and pressure run a longer fuel tube line. that will fix it

I'm with poly on this one, too. I have a pretty long fuel line, and I never have a lean problem...even when I'm bashing really hard and bouncing around a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

Back