Just a day at the track...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Well today was the last points series race for Dirt Oval and I left early to get some practice in. Did well, ran about 2 tanks before the first race and during warm up the spur gear stripped, my fault from installation, slipper plate didn't get seated properly and it just stripped it. After replacing the spur gear it decided to pour down raining so they called the race and I decided to run!!!

Well here is some pics of what it looked like after 1/2 tank....

100_2353.jpg

100_2354.jpg

100_2355.jpg

100_2356.jpg

100_2357.jpg

100_2358.jpg

100_2359.jpg

Thanks guys, I tore it completely apart today and cleaned it, have to get some after pics of cleaning, the GA red clay sticks to everything and basically stains it. Oh I talked to the race director and he said I got 3rd overall for the points series!

Congratulations on finishing third overall and great job getting your truck dirty..looks like it was a lot of fun. I am just glad its not me who has to clean it!:resp:

Thanks Allan! Ya it was fun and cleaning was fun also, its nice to see it all clean, well as clean as you can get the GA red clay. Spent about 2 hours and now I need to reassemble.

Crash- I LOVE the 4 shock setup for racing, I would never go without it on the dirt oval, haven't tried it on the off-road track but for oval it's a MUST. Keep in mind that when bashing I do put the other 4 shocks on and add shock spacers to them. I have told the other racers with a savage to take for off but they don't believe me.

Just wondering if this pic should be under the thread ( Real or Fake )? Hummm Fake j/k bro.

Love seeing a Savy play in the mud.

Yes I do have brakes!!!!

They have gotten worse but I definitely have them.....

Well I had a race today on the off-road track. I don't have any videos or action pictures as the morning started off bad just from trying to leave the house so I totally forgot the camera. Morning started off with no having a key to unlock the hitch on the tongue. This was the first time I have had it out since I got it and I got it 6months ago? Anyways we had to get a chisel and hammer and prybar to break it off before we could even get out of the driveway, lol. So I get to the track and do practice laps....lap # 2 and I break a rear dogbone, perfectly cut off (First one but luckily I had a spare). Then the first race I had my pull cord broke......not signs of a good day! So I was out the first qualifier race and got the cord fixed.On heat #2 I had a pretty bad nose landing and it knocked my fuel line off about 1/2 in the race and I lose a few laps but got back out to get a few more laps in. Heat 3 with about 30seconds left my pipe came out of the rubber coupler...luckily we only had 30seconds left so I didn't loose too much (was in 1st and finished 3rd out of 6). So after all this I was just worn out, and just wanted to finish a race. All the races I EASILY took the lead in all of them but didn't get to finish.....My fastest lap time were 8+ seconds faster than everyone else and my average lap times was about 10 seconds faster than everyone else, so all i had to do was finish, lol. Anyways come to the A main event I took it pretty easy and I was against 2 Slash's , T-Maxx, Revo 3.3, and a Jato 3.3. At the 2nd race I noticed that my diff was clicking and I didn't have time to do any shimming of anything so I had to run what I had. During the A main I was keeping about 1/2 lap on everyone (20seconds or say ahead) and if they started catching up then I would pick up the pace a little bit until I had more of a lead. Entire time I could hear my diff grinding away and even had everyone else saying that I wouldn't finish that my diff was going out.....well I managed to keep it together to the end and took the win for A main. Was a long day but I got through it....and now I know what I need to improve for next time. They did get pictures of the winners for each class so I will post that up whenever the race director gets them up.

Total Damage:

1 left rear dogbone
at least 1 diff

Not bad but the rest is going trying to get it setup right and getting a good 1 piece header. I managed to get a used 1 piece header from a guy at the track but he didn't have any springs or gaskets for it and it was too short for how I have my pipe mounted but I do have one for whenever I am ready.

Latest posts

Members online

Back