Jumping the Savage Flux XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvtepixels

This is my second Savage Flux XL, this one was built exclusively for jumps.
Some of the mods:
º Machined bulletproof diffs
º Modified diff cups to mount 8x16x5mm bearings
º Aluminum rear hubs
º 20 Kg Absima servo ACS1622SG
º Alza racing center diff kit
º HPI RF-50 Receiver
º Castle MMX 6S + 2200kv motor sensored
º Modified dogbones with bigger pins in one side
º 50t spur/ 15t pinion
º Backflip LP tires
thumbnail1.jpg

This is my second Savage Flux XL, this one was built exclusively for jumps.
Some of the mods:
º Machined bulletproof diffs
º Modified diff cups to mount 8x16x5mm bearings
º Aluminum rear hubs
º 20 Kg Absima servo ACS1622SG
º Alza racing center diff kit
º HPI RF-50 Receiver
º Castle MMX 6S + 2200kv motor sensored
º Modified dogbones with bigger pins in one side
º 50t spur/ 15t pinion
º Backflip LP tires
View attachment 11812

I tried posting this as a comment on youtube but the comment disappeared every time I tried to post it. IDK if its because a link to this forum in the 1st try but I removed the .com pare. idk but here it is. Anyway basically after watching your video I realized how different the brushless trucks are compared to nitro., I feel like a noob again🙂

here the comment
I found your videos on HPI Savage Forum. I was a mod for a while on there probably like 20 years ago, I have a couple nitro savages, a 4.6, a SS & a Flux HP. I kind of got out of RC for a while but recently I pulled my Savages out.

I love your Savage(s), they look really fast and.... they look great, looks like you know what you're doing. I have a question, other than what you listed in the description, is that a stock Savage Flux XL? I noticed a few things, the TVP's look thick (one of my nitro's has 6mm thick Integy TVP's but yours look at least that thick, the motor is mounted in the middle (in my stock Flux HP its to the side. it looks like direct drive? I don't see a transmission? There's no radio box, and that's just what I noticed from the pass you made over it in the video..

oh, I have a another question, I just got a new steering servo for the Flux. I hadn't realized it can be run on voltages up to 8.4 volts. IDK what its running at in the Flux HP, I haven't had a chance to measure it yet (just put it in and it seems under powered). Is there a way to increase the voltage to the servo (I guess there is no throttle/brake servo on Flux?) using the castle link or some other way?

I really am curious about the differences I see in your truck, (just thinking, does it even have a clutch, LOL, just realized IDK if mine does?). Thanks for posting the videos, that other video/truck, I think its titled something like Mamba, S8, idk but, damn that's fast, you pass so close to yourself😁 thanks again

EDIT, looking at the pass under the hood a couple more times I see its not the TVP's that are thick, its the bars you have going front to rear, are they stock? The way or where I paused at while writing this, it looked like the bar was the top edge of the TVP.

I tried posting this as a comment on youtube but the comment disappeared every time I tried to post it. IDK if its because a link to this forum in the 1st try but I removed the .com pare. idk but here it is. Anyway basically after watching your video I realized how different the brushless trucks are compared to nitro., I feel like a noob again🙂

here the comment
I found your videos on HPI Savage Forum. I was a mod for a while on there probably like 20 years ago, I have a couple nitro savages, a 4.6, a SS & a Flux HP. I kind of got out of RC for a while but recently I pulled my Savages out.

I love your Savage(s), they look really fast and.... they look great, looks like you know what you're doing. I have a question, other than what you listed in the description, is that a stock Savage Flux XL? I noticed a few things, the TVP's look thick (one of my nitro's has 6mm thick Integy TVP's but yours look at least that thick, the motor is mounted in the middle (in my stock Flux HP its to the side. it looks like direct drive? I don't see a transmission? There's no radio box, and that's just what I noticed from the pass you made over it in the video..

oh, I have a another question, I just got a new steering servo for the Flux. I hadn't realized it can be run on voltages up to 8.4 volts. IDK what its running at in the Flux HP, I haven't had a chance to measure it yet (just put it in and it seems under powered). Is there a way to increase the voltage to the servo (I guess there is no throttle/brake servo on Flux?) using the castle link or some other way?

I really am curious about the differences I see in your truck, (just thinking, does it even have a clutch, LOL, just realized IDK if mine does?). Thanks for posting the videos, that other video/truck, I think its titled something like Mamba, S8, idk but, damn that's fast, you pass so close to yourself😁 thanks again

EDIT, looking at the pass under the hood a couple more times I see its not the TVP's that are thick, its the bars you have going front to rear, are they stock? The way or where I paused at while writing this, it looked like the bar was the top edge of the TVP.

I replied to your comment on YouTube, but I'll put it here too, so that others can see it too

The TVP's are stock, and yes, i have tower to tower bars, (not stock) they're made out of 8x8mm aluminum pipe. On big jumps the shock towers have the tendency to bend a lot, those bars prevent that.
I got rid of the HPI gear box that comes with all the Savage's, and installed a center diff (Alza racing center diff kit). I don't have a radio box.
If you have a Castle ESC you can change the BEC voltage, the easiest way is to use the Castle Link program on your PC. I'm using 7.4V if I'm not mistaken.
My two Savage's are far from being stock. To do what you see in my videos I had to go above and beyond with the modifications, otherwise I would spend more time fixing them instead of driving them and having fun...
The Savage is a great platform, but in stock form it's impossible to drive it like I do without having a lot of problems

I replied to your comment on YouTube, but I'll put it here too, so that others can see it too

The TVP's are stock, and yes, i have tower to tower bars, (not stock) they're made out of 8x8mm aluminum pipe. On big jumps the shock towers have the tendency to bend a lot, those bars prevent that.
I got rid of the HPI gear box that comes with all the Savage's, and installed a center diff (Alza racing center diff kit). I don't have a radio box.
If you have a Castle ESC you can change the BEC voltage, the easiest way is to use the Castle Link program on your PC. I'm using 7.4V if I'm not mistaken.
My two Savage's are far from being stock. To do what you see in my videos I had to go above and beyond with the modifications, otherwise I would spend more time fixing them instead of driving them and having fun...
The Savage is a great platform, but in stock form it's impossible to drive it like I do without having a lot of problems
Thank you. Yes youre trucks are awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Back