Joeguam is alive & ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

Since the tsunami devastated Japan, a lot of guys been asking about JoeG. I pm'd him & he's alive, here's his reply

I am exhausted! I went to the hobby shop in Tokyo showing a friend the shop when everything happened. Put it this way I couldn't even loot, I fell and got pumbled by the shakes and people running. Total kaos! The transportation was shut down. Remember I said it takes 4 hours transist time on the train, well I had to walk six hours to the only train station that was operational. Then I had wait in line for another 4 hours in line just to board the train, 3 hours transist time in the train but to be short of 30 km from home. Ihad then fighting to get a Taxi to take me home the rest of the way whick took another 2 hours due to the traffic. Crap bro it was so bad

wow glad to hear he's ok but man its going to take months even years for things to get back to normal there my heart goes out to them!!!

ya BC is under a advisory for a tsunami but they were last time so lets hope it by passes them again, how hard did it hit hawaii brandon?

One of the nuclear plants they shut down is out of control. Cooling systems are down, they can't get enough water into the reactor to keep it from overheating. It looks like they've already had steam releases that have raised background radiation level 1000x over normal (still WELL below the level where it becomes a health concern in the short term.).

Right on was wondering about Braddah joe,we got some damage here on the Big island also,not as devastating as Japan by a long shot,just hang in there Joe,God Bless bro!

I myself had just got on a plane to Okinawa 5 hours before it hit.

Glad to here you're alright Joe...

Hey guys thanks for looking into our welfare.
I did alittle more accurate timeline but of course my mind is still at awe and recovey.

We went to the hobby shop in Tokyo getting some odds and ends for our race this Sunday. Then total chaos and confusion followed in no particular order: Buildings swaying and slamming each other, things falling, people ######## out, crowded streets, phone circuits busy to almost no service, etc. Some of the stuff can be seen on TV. The land phone lines were shut down for a couple of hours and the train transportation for six hours. It usually takes 4 hours round trip in transit time from the base to Akihabara where several hobby shops are located. After the first two hard earthquakes, we had to walk a couple of hours to the only train company and railway/station (bullet train) that was cleared for operation (My feet and back are killing me). We had to wait another couple of hours to board the bullet train meanwhile trying to figure out what our next execution plan will be when we get to our drop off station. After talking with the officials and trying to find a Taxi, both non successful left us with pondering. The Officials out on the street were just as clueless as us because they were not kept up to date with the status. We decided to get some food which again was already savaged by most of the people all in the streets and were left to fend for themselves. An hour thereafter, we had seen people running toward the subway so we decided to check it out, YES it was opening up (approx 11pm)! Even if it only traveled a few KM, it was 30KM closer to the base which eased some stress. After the subway ride, I made another attempted to get a Taxi which was another obstacle and cut throat situation but I had to get back to my family. I couldn’t help but to give a few passes and offer a couple Taxis’s to the elderly and families with babies. The road traffic was horrific with aprrox another two hours and some big bucks to take me the remainder of the 30 KM ride home. Crap bro I am exhausted and sore. The earthquakes events ended with me reuniting with my family about 0330 am. I am sure there will be more aftershocks, hopefully nothing too serious

Two Big Quakes had hit Japan but only one stated in the News. Both purchases were during the time of my purchases.

YY/MM/DD and time on the receipt annotated on the bottom left. This trip was not worth the Yen (Japanese $) of parts and casualties occurred.
6557be3a.jpg

This is the receipt from RC Champ. Several minutes away from Futaba
79231872.jpg

As I look back. I say my life is not worth lossing because of RC's, the hobby shop personnel taught it was. I assure you that RC Champs, Akihabara parts especially engine will not come to you damaged. They were more occupied with trying to keep the parts, engines, and others from falling off the shelves

My legs and feet are sore as hell! Who wants to volunteer and massage it? It does not smell good neither. Thanks guys for your concerns and please do wish the others well and keep the more devistated people in your prayers

Joe... glad to hear you and the family are safe. Recovery will probably take a while, let me know if you need anything.

Glad to hear all is well Joe. Thats a heck of a trip for a couple glow plugs and a spur gear Buddy!!

Condolonces to all affected by the quake!

Glad to hear you are fine joe! Sounds like absolute mayhem! i watched it for hours on the day it happend on the news...

Glad to hear that you are ok Joe!! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

lets hope they get this nuclear plant under control before it causes more devastation.....

The Nuclear Power Plant situation has prompted my base for evacuation. My family is flying out in the next few hours to avoid any exposure. I'll be left behind as many like myself are essential in supporting operations.army

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back