its so loud...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmuff

my brother and dad both have traxxas trucks, and they are so much quieter than my savage
anyone know what i could do to shut up my truck?
I'm running it with a ALUMINUM TUNED PIPE.
would the RIBBED TUNED PIPE help?

I have the ribbed on mine and its louder. Just wondering why would you want to be quiet. Show them who the boss is. But i don't know what pipe would make it quieter!

I have the ribbed pipe also and i love the way it sounds. I personally love how loud it is. Keep it loud in my opionion ;)

who cares thats the whole point the savy is a tough truck so it has to sound tough......but...the graphite pipe makes it quiter...i think that came with the old savy rtr 25...its the black one that almost looks plastic...i think its weak but w.e dude its all up to u

the noise difference will be becuase of the sizes of engines used. savages start from .21 to .28 size engine as standard, whereas most traxxas trucks us a .15 or .18 engine most of the time. smaller engine means higher pitched/quiter engine most of the time

Know matter what you deside, just remember, The LOUDER.... it is, THE LOUDER it IS.
the quieter it is....The more it sounds like a moped.... You can take that one too the bank.

OK... That wasn't helpful... But it was pretty DANG funny.lol.

Have you tried a long silicon stinger tip for your exhaust stinger?
It can help a little bit. Also keep your body on the truck, it helps abit also.

If You just want to have the thing be super quiet, then I would consider an E-savage.
It's electric,... it's quiet,... and to thier credit, they actually have some good power.

Although, You must consider the startup cost with batteries, THE CHARGER, the time it takes to charge the batteries.

If you can make that by jump into the accessories, you can actually save cash in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
the noise difference will be becuase of the sizes of engines used. savages start from .21 to .28 size engine as standard, whereas most traxxas trucks us a .15 or .18 engine most of the time. smaller engine means higher pitched/quiter engine most of the time

i don't see how that works because my dad has the new revo 3.3
which has a bigger engine, and it is extremely quiet!

the revo 3.3 uses a .18 size engine

another way to put it is the traxxas cars use 'small block' motors (with exception to a rb 323tm revo which is a mid block), where as the savage is using a 'big block' motor

I have a mach .28 on mine. The main person i run with has a revo. When it had the 2.5r i could out run him. Then he switched to the 3.3 and slowly out ran me. So he had to beat me even more and he got the picco.28. Now he is really fast but cant bash as hard as a savage. Alot of the speed also has to do with the gearing. are you still running the stock set up? I hate to admit it but the revo is a fast truck just don't take a crash that good.

revo is a race truck, that is why it is fast. also they have smaller motors yes, but they weight less, they have mostly top end.

yup, revos weigh alot less than a savage hence the smaller engine in them.

as for toughness they can take just as much as a savage if not more. (the diff gears for a start are much much tougher)

Seems definately realitive to scale, in my opinion. A litte brushless mini T can smoke a beefy badA$$ nitro truck up and down the street. And, even if it were actually a close match, How much power did ya think the mumba would have to put up compared to the nitro truck?

well, id rather use that then this one I'm using right now
its the one that came stock with the savage 25 limited edition

Just my 2 cents, The HPI polished Pipe, is probably the best, all around Pipe, one could ever have, period. It's the same Pipe that's used on the k4.6 also. And, that's the same Pipe that came with your 25 limited, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
sound will travel where you direct it.

One thing, for sure. You can make a very small engine, sound very loud. And you can make a very large engine, sound very quiet. Why do you think, that is?...
Without getting all technical about it, lets just say it's all in the design of the pipe.

i'm running the ribbed pipe on my blown 4.6 with a length of 7/16" tubing going from the pipe to the rear end, keeps the truck cleaner, is a little quieter-more deep instaed of the ringing in the eras! it does add a little midrange, but it doesn't have a lot top end, and i needed to richeen it out a little. you could always pack some steel wool in the pipe, don't know what it'll do performance wise, but should quieten it down a bit...dunno.

I say loud pipes save shins LOL IMO i like them loud

if you wany quite convert to brushless, if you have the initial money, once you do you wont want to go back. you will whip the pants off any other truck out there

simple, use the composite pipe for the HPI with the cone

It is very quite with the composite pipe and the cone installed. YOU will be shocked what a difference it makes. Also, really not much power difference with the f4.6 anyways. I do have to retune it for the switch, but it grunts and flips over on command.

Hey Polystyrene. I wanted to know about the brushless conversion. Could you forward me some info and pics. I have a bunch of savages and could easily use one or two rollers for a conversion. I have some esavages, so I have most of the batteries and stuff. Thanks

I'm Running The Ribbed Pipe As Well And I Like The Sound!!!! But I Guess I'm Lucky I Have Lots Of Places To Bash Were It Doesnt Bother Anyone!

Members online

No members online now.
Back