ITS ALIVE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIRLYPANTS

i put the first tank of fuel through my new engine this evening, it was a b#### to start, my bad tho i flooded it, but after some patients i got there, i let her run for a while with the idle set a little high then turned it down, the engine was running great, few more tanks like this and ill let the savage run on the wheels giving it no more than half throttle, few tanks of fuel like that then ill dial the engine in to her sweet spot

sounds good :)

Last edited:
due to having the engine running way over the top rich, the carb burps a lot of oil and unspent fuel which has no place to go when the filter is on, it bubbles up the rubber tube of the air filter then drips back down drowning the engine till it stops, to prevent this, when beaking in i let the engine warm up, its able to deal with any unspent fuel ect better, then after the engine is warmed up around a min, i put the filter back on

Last edited:
thanks jam, a big sigh of relief for me that the engine started and idled good

that video was taken a few seconds after the engine fired up, due to having the engine running way over the top rich, the carb burps a lot of oil and unspent fuel which has no place to go when the filter is on, it bubbles up the rubber tube of the air filter then drips back down drowning the engine till it stops, to prevent this, when beaking in i let the engine warm up, its able to deal with any unspent fuel ect better, then after the engine is warmed up around a min, i put the filter back on this was just a test thread and i will be deleting it, ive never made video for youtube and loaded it on a forum before :)
Interesting, I've never had that occur but if you've experienced it and that is the mitigation don't see how that can hurt. I've broken in engines without the air filter (it's something the engine designer for Werks Racing told me about). It's pretty much the opposite in how I normally break-in/tune, but the final carb settings (thus results) are the same. I was freaked out about trying it but it worked out fine. Was just curious if you were implementing that process.

i wouldnt advise running an engine without air filter, as you know, dust, dirt ect ......... but yea this engine made a mess of the first run in, i started the second tank of fuel today, had no troubles of oil and fuel burping out the carb, alls going as normal

Last edited:
I run a lot of Novarrossi..they run as twice as rich out of the box then engine so I lean the LSN and box it. I personally think break-in methods are over-analyzed. There are many ways to properly seat the parts. You either jack it up or you don't. And I second Jam's comments. Looking forward to seeing that engine running and what it can do with a Savage. I've read many great things about it.

Members online

Back