It wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2StrokesFTW

I am trying to keep my calm the best i can. But its not gonna be long before i throw it out the window. I took it out with a full tank of gas since its -6 outside, so i figured i would try and get this thing started. I wasted 1/4th of a tank trying to get the damn thing started. It spits out fuel out the pipe. I took the glow plug out and i turned the motor over to get all the excess fuel out. Put a BRAND NEW GLOW PLUG in it, and no go. I swear its going to go straight out the window

try pre heating the engine with a blow dryer or a heat gun that will help alot, i hear using a hot plug for break in (if thats what your doing if not my bad) helps alot as well then trying leaning the LSN a little, use either a sock or some aluminum foil on the head to help with keeping in the heat. hope this helps

shark

You need to heat the crap out of the engine. That thing isn't going to fire unless its warm. Also, loosen the glow plug and try to fire it up with it loose. It won't hurt anything. Prime the carb before you heat the engine.. Then use a blowdryer or heatgun and get that engine up to temp.

PreHeat the engine and make sure the glow ignitor is charged and the motor may be to ritch

thanks guys. I have done all of these things that you guys have mentioned except for preheating the motor. I have a thick sock taped around the head, to keep the heat inside, and i forgot to mention, that it started and it ran rich but it shut off after 7 seconds, and it wouldnt start again. I'm gonna try preheating the motor with a hair dryer and let you guys know if its gonna fire up.

ok, well i finally got it started, but it barely started, even with a brand new plug, and the motor heated up. Anyways, it was doing the exact same thing that it was doing before, which was, I would give it full throttle, but it would be bogging, and smoking quite a bit. I figured, i would lean the high speed needle out to factory settings again. Remember this is my 9th tank of nitro. After i leaned the high speed needle out, it was going around and stuff, it wasnt bogging down, but it still wouldnt go full throttle. So i leaned the high speed needle more out, below factory settings, and it seemed to be running good, it was reaching full throttle, but i was still running rich, but it wasnt smoking alot like it would be running rich, it was smoking when i was applying the throttle though. I Felt it still needed a little more leaning out (1/8th turn to get it to run good at full throttle) but unfortunatly i ran out of gas. What should i do?? Should i lean it out again, or is there a problem? Remember, the weather out side was -2 Celcius

You really need a temp gun to read the engine temps when it's warmed up. Only then will you be able to accurately be able to tell if you can continue to lean it out so it runs better. But the cold is definately working to help the situation...

You really need a temp gun to read the engine temps when it's warmed up. Only then will you be able to accurately be able to tell if you can continue to lean it out so it runs better. But the cold is definately working to help the situation...

ok thanks, i might purchase a gun from my hobby shop tomorrow. But what i can tell you, is that when it was rich and it wouldnt go full throttle, i could hold my hand all day on the head, i could tell the motor was still cold, even with the motor warmed up

Pre-heat is a must. A full tank will only cause you grief, start the engine with a half tank of fuel, get it up to temp and then fill the tank the rest of the way. That phone call could have saved you some major headaches by the looks of it ;)

that is what i am doing. I have put a sock over the head ever since i started it for the first time

i am also buying a temp gun today, so i can properly jet it and keep it with in the temperatures recommended

i hope it will work the next time i take it out......

well, i took it out today, and it started right away, and it ran great. First when i started it, it did the same thing, with the bad bogging, and the high speed needle setting was more richer than factory settings. I leaned it out back to factory setting, and it was running but it was still bogging. I had to go i think almost 3/4 leaner than factory settings, to get it to run perfect. It had smoke, it took 3 seconds to sizzle my spit on the head, so temp was good, and the throttle response was fricking great, it changed gears this time, and it went into the second gear, and I was having fun ripping the thing up and down the street. Unfortunatly i wasted almost 1/2 tank trying to tune it in properly, but i still had alot of fun with the other half of nitro left in the tank

that good good to hear u are having fun and wait till u start bashing

yeah, i might be going down to someone's garage from a local forum, to go crawling with my axial, and ill bring down the savage, so they can help me water proof all the electronics. As for the savage, the neighbours are getting ####ed off already. And jetting wise, if i go a little more richer, it will bog down again, so I'm all good with jetting. The low speed needle doesnt need any adjustment, i really like the throttle response. Now i gotta get more Nitro fuel, I'm almost done the 1 gallon

man i am so happy to hear you got it running right,cuz once you find its "sweet spot" and she's running nice, thats when the fun begins!!!!!

man i am so happy to hear you got it running right,cuz once you find its "sweet spot" and she's running nice, thats when the fun begins!!!!!

yeah i bet. I think its running a bit on the rich side? It takes quite a bit to sizzle my spit. I run a sock on the cooling head, as well as a shell on top of that too. I lifted the shell so that the motor is under the shell type of thing. It ran great today it was smoking all the way through the throttle. It was just ripping the snow in half. I could get much grip with it on the snow lol If i started from the spot, and gave it full throttle it would spin out because of the power. I am really enjoying her

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back