is this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

Today i was driving my savy bashing it about and jumping it was all going well but when the tank was about half full it started sqeeling , the rpm went up, it stopped idling properly and it was hard to brake as it was speeding up at the same time. the batterys are new and nearlly fully charged.it was quite a cold day but you could still see smoke. is this half tank lean? what can i do about it?is it still safe to drive? any help would be great!!

thanks 4x4

ill give it a run today and check the running temp. but what would be the cheapest header tank or mid fuel tank and were could i get the stuff from.
wich would work better.
thanks 4x4

I strapped a 100 CC nitro mt-2 tank to the TVP and it works perfect, no more half tank lean and the tuning got much better.
right after putting it on my engine was still tuned for the stock fuel tank, I had to lean out both needles by 3/4 of a turn.

A mid tank conversion is better because you transfer the weight of the fuel tank to the center of your truck.

were could i get a header tank from.
thanks for all the help!
4x4

were could i get a header tank from.
thanks for all the help!
4x4

I don`t have a header tank myself but I`ve seen many pics of header tanks made out of after run oil bottles.
I fixed my little cousins half tank lean with a 75 cc nitro mt-2 tank but this cuts down on the run-time too much but maybe it`s an idea to make a header tank of a similar fuel tank.
it`s very small so I think it will fit just fine under the roll bar.
only problem is that it`s got a fuel cap which you might want to seal off.

If your willing to make the conversion mid tank. Me I run a primerless ( non Conversion ) tank like this one. SMF Link either from the banner above or here:

http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_130&products_id=39

hpi87149.jpg

get a header tank from your LHS that has heli parts, allows your truck o idle upside down untill thatr tank runs outa fuel. very helpful if hte truck flips over far away :D

thanks for all the help i think I'm going to go for the header tank its a bit cheaper than the mid tank mod and when i test the ramps i make, my savy sometimes flips so now i won't have to run to it .I'm going to a model shop today hoping to pick one up and some fuel.
thanks again!
4x4

they said a racing fuel tank would stop the half tank lean so ill send you some pics of it when i get it!
4x4

ok...stupid newb question coming...

header tank??? is that the tank that uses backpressure from the exhaust to force fuel to the carb?

furthermore...what is meant by "half tank lean"?

all nitro rc tanks use backpressure from the pipe to force fuel into the carb. this is a header tank it has a clunk inside so if the truck is upside down it grabs fuel from the top of the second tank

salesavage013.jpg

i feel really stupid saying this but it wasn't half tank lean it was just that the fuel tank lid was not pushed down propaly so it was loseing pressure out of the lid. there for was not getting the fuel around the pipe making it half tank lean.i found that out just before buying the racing fuel tank (which i found i have allready got).
but thanks anyway for all the help
4x4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back